He trapped himself

Sometimes you just have to laugh at some of the things people do that end up on the police blotter.

From this month's NJSFSC newsletter...

CPO Kille was notified of an incident involving a man who was caught in a beaver trap in Woolwich Township, Gloucester County. The police department had reached out to the officer explaining that they had responded to a home where a man was entangled in a 330 conibear trap. After two officers attempted to release the man without success, the fire department was called and utilized the jaws of life to cut the man free. The follow up investigation revealed the homeowner had set the beaver trap around the perimeter of his home to control the woodchuck issues he had been experiencing. The homeowner was issued summonses for setting a killer type trap that was not submerged and for untagged traps.

Moral of the story - don't mess with conibears if you don't know what you are doing :D 

1 hour ago, mazzgolf said:

Sometimes you just have to laugh at some of the things people do that end up on the police blotter.

From this month's NJSFSC newsletter...

Moral of the story - don't mess with conibears if you don't know what you are doing :D 

Conibears of any size  will put a hurt-in on you.  I got bIt by a 220 with a single spring a long time ago and do not know how it did not break the hand but I can still remember the pain and the laughter from my friends when it happened.

Edited by bushden

I am very careful and knock on would have not joined the #330 club as of yet. I set #220's all day long for muskrat in New York. And not to mention a pile of #280's and #330's. There is a reason that we have trapper saftey courses run by the state and volunteers. So that "Bozo's" like that guy don't catch the neighborhood dogs and cats. And himself!