IGNORED

stolen game camera

Slayer1962

1 hour ago, trapoholic said:

Why do some people thing that Game cameras and animal traps are free for the taking!

i gave up setting cams. not worth my trouble and aggrevation anymore. i even had someone take the sd card. not the cam. i waited a week to see if the card would come back. i will never understand some people. if i go hunting. i pick a spot and wait. im done playing the scouting game. 

thanks for all the replies. Fish and Game said he would be written up for hunter harassment and have to go to court. It would be a fine and court ordered restitution. They have been at his house for two days and he has been a no show. He is on permanent disability and works . I might drop a note I heard from a friend there is a tip line. If i get my camera back or the money and he stays off the property i will consider it a win. 

I was not worried about the $500 but I just did not want him to get away with it 

13 hours ago, Kype said:

i gave up setting cams. not worth my trouble and aggravation anymore. i even had someone take the sd card. not the cam. i waited a week to see if the card would come back. i will never understand some people. if i go hunting. i pick a spot and wait. im done playing the scouting game. 

I only set up Cams on the spot by my house. It's a small farm and well controlled. On my Club property, guys complaining about Cams getting stolen. Don't need the aggravation so I never setup Cams there. I've been hunting there for 30 years. I don't need a camera to tell me where the deer are. 

2 hours ago, Slayer1962 said:

thanks for all the replies. Fish and Game said he would be written up for hunter harassment and have to go to court. It would be a fine and court ordered restitution. They have been at his house for two days and he has been a no show. He is on permanent disability and works . I might drop a note I heard from a friend there is a tip line. If i get my camera back or the money and he stays off the property i will consider it a win. 

I was not worried about the $500 but I just did not want him to get away with it 

I think its a great thing the Fish & Game and their offices do handle the hunter-related issues. From what i read on here, they always do a phenomenal job. THeyre trained the right way to handle so many situations that can become dangerous.

But it is unfathomably frustrating that a municipal police department in which you live in or hunt in won't involve themselves at all, even to start the process at the very least regardless of what it is. This state literally makes it impossible to want to live in, its ridiculous

3 minutes ago, FeniQuest217 said:

unfathomably frustrating that a municipal police department in which you live in or hunt in won't involve themselves at all

Years ago, there is a large piece of property near me that I got permission to hunt from the land owners. I promised to clean it up, post it, just look after it.

When I first started, I came across trespassers, ATV and dirt bikers, and of course had stuff stolen. I called my muni police and reported all the goings on several times. A couple times, I went to the entrance to the site and met with the police. One time I was told, "We're not going in there" (it was woods, the police cruisers couldn't drive in - they would have to walk or bike in. They refused to do that, so I was told).

The last time I met up with them, I was made to feel like *I* was the problem. I was immediately confronted by the cop who said, "Why are you in here in the first place? This is township property." I'm thinking to myself, "Dude, I've been reporting this over and over, I've sent you guys emails with the property map/lot # that clearly shows this isn't township property - this is private property. I even showed you my WRITTEN PERMISSION SIGNED BY THE LANDOWNER stating I'm allowed to be here." Instead, it was clear - I was bothering them, they didn't want to be involved in trespassing issues and hunting equipment theft from the woods.

I gave up. I haven't been back on that property in a few years.

1 hour ago, FeniQuest217 said:

I think its a great thing the Fish & Game and their offices do handle the hunter-related issues. From what i read on here, they always do a phenomenal job. THeyre trained the right way to handle so many situations that can become dangerous.

But it is unfathomably frustrating that a municipal police department in which you live in or hunt in won't involve themselves at all, even to start the process at the very least regardless of what it is. This state literally makes it impossible to want to live in, its ridiculous

Not to mention my parents have been residents and taxpayers for about 50 years

1 hour ago, mazzgolf said:

Years ago, there is a large piece of property near me that I got permission to hunt from the land owners. I promised to clean it up, post it, just look after it.

When I first started, I came across trespassers, ATV and dirt bikers, and of course had stuff stolen. I called my muni police and reported all the goings on several times. A couple times, I went to the entrance to the site and met with the police. One time I was told, "We're not going in there" (it was woods, the police cruisers couldn't drive in - they would have to walk or bike in. They refused to do that, so I was told).

The last time I met up with them, I was made to feel like *I* was the problem. I was immediately confronted by the cop who said, "Why are you in here in the first place? This is township property." I'm thinking to myself, "Dude, I've been reporting this over and over, I've sent you guys emails with the property map/lot # that clearly shows this isn't township property - this is private property. I even showed you my WRITTEN PERMISSION SIGNED BY THE LANDOWNER stating I'm allowed to be here." Instead, it was clear - I was bothering them, they didn't want to be involved in trespassing issues and hunting equipment theft from the woods.

I gave up. I haven't been back on that property in a few years.

Seems like a bother to enforce the law. I did not expect them to send someone out right away but assumed they would respond eventually. I guess that is why criminals do not worry . I am not blaming the local PD as they are probably short staffed already because people do not want to support the police. When i lived in Nutley NJ I had to call the police once and was amazed they sent three cars and followed up the next day with a knock on the door to see if i was satisfied!  I am sure the Police want to do the right thing but its got to be a budget thing 

25 minutes ago, Slayer1962 said:

When i lived in Nutley NJ I had to call the police once and was amazed they sent three cars and followed up the next day with a knock on the door to see if i was satisfied!  I am sure the Police want to do the right thing but its got to be a budget thing 

Hey Bob:happywave:My hometown, yep don't mess with law enforcement in Nutley, some of the finest! Also a lot of hunters in that town Joe villano, Alphonse petracco to name of a few. Glad fish & wildlife got er done 👍

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

3 hours ago, hunterbob1 said:

Hey Bob:happywave:My hometown, yep don't mess with law enforcement in Nutley, some of the finest! Also a lot of hunters in that town Joe villano, Alphonse petracco to name of a few. Glad fish & wildlife got er done 👍

I lived on Bloomfield ave for 9 years and a couple on Harrison st 

3 hours ago, Slayer1962 said:

Nomad trust me It would be a two hit fight. I just do not want to go to jail for something so stupid. 

I value my job, my guns and my family too much to ruin it in ten seconds. 

I wouldn't fight either, he might even go along with the caneing if you offer him a choice between that and pressing charges. ;)

On 6/17/2021 at 11:47 AM, Slayer1962 said:

Seems like a bother to enforce the law. I did not expect them to send someone out right away but assumed they would respond eventually. I guess that is why criminals do not worry . I am not blaming the local PD as they are probably short staffed already because people do not want to support the police. When i lived in Nutley NJ I had to call the police once and was amazed they sent three cars and followed up the next day with a knock on the door to see if i was satisfied!  I am sure the Police want to do the right thing but its got to be a budget thing 

Depending on the crime there are no longer any consequences. Shoplift or riot in the name of a false narrative, your forgiven. Protest the election results, you'll linger in solitary confinement. Not a good time for our country.