IGNORED

Life in a trap house…

Beenthere

My 1st Job was as a " Puller" at the Monroe- Chester Sportsman's  Club Skeet Range from age 11 to nearly 16.

Actually, I  had no say in the matter as my Father was the Skeet + Trap Range Chairman which meant that all Spring,+ Summer Weekends were spent working at the Skeet Range. 

We arrived at 9.15am. Skeet shooting at this club started at 10am and did not end until 5 pm or later.

Unfortunately  for me,I  was a great Puller who made very few mistakes in hitting either the H- L- or D buttons. And,I  had a Clipboard to keep records.

No rest after the 5 men were done shooting their 25 clay pigeons.  I had to run to load up the High House and Low House.

For my Safety,I  turned off the power switch and released the next cocked Clay Pigeon. That was my Father's  #1 rule.

Low House was next and you would be surprised  at just how many grown men would be in front of the Low House Window looking for their brand new Shotgun Hulls at Station #7.

I had to yell and make sure no one was in front of that Window before releasing  that last Pigeon.

As soon as,I  was done reloading more Clay pigeons- 5 new men would be waiting on me at Station #1.

More Running and Kids don't  get tired as we all remember. 

Now,I  was trained to hit that button at any sound as only a few would yell out- " Pull".

I heard everything  from- Yip-- Hooo- HHahh--Ahhhh-- Coughing and many others. That's right- one guy Coughed as his Signal to hit the button.

Now some of the Best Skeet Shooters ever came to the Monroe- Chester Sportsmen's  Club Skeet + Trap Range. And ,I  learned alot.

By age 14, I  shot my 1st 25 Staight in Skeet. Won my 1st competition  at age 15 with just one other 15 year old. We both shot 48 out of 50 and had an extended shoot off which,I  won.

My opponents Father talked to me later when,I  was alone and wanted my Trophy for his Son!!  He did not get it...

I also managed to win many years later in April of 1994 a Registered  Skeet 12 Gauge " Doubles" competition.   On this Day- there was light rain and a Light to medium wind. 

The Clay pigeons just " flattened out" right out of the Houses.  Being a Pheasant Hunter,I  was ready. My score of 92 out of 100 won this competition.  All these great Shots were missing over the Top in the wind.

Hope Y'All enjoyed this post.

Take The Multiple Use Area Challenge. 

12 hours ago, Beenthere said:

I am sure I sparked the interest of some members here but this is what I am really in….Rain or shine clays will fly 

58D3B408-1089-47C3-B284-49F18804CBE1.jpeg

DDA0F937-542E-4838-9E4A-61DD16EEAB17.jpeg

Pretty nice trap machine, are you on a range or is that your property.

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL

2 hours ago, Fred Flintstone said:

My 1st Job was as a " Puller" at the Monroe- Chester Sportsman's  Club Skeet Range from age 11 to nearly 16.

Actually, I  had no say in the matter as my Father was the Skeet + Trap Range Chairman which meant that all Spring,+ Summer Weekends were spent working at the Skeet Range. 

We arrived at 9.15am. Skeet shooting at this club started at 10am and did not end until 5 pm or later.

Unfortunately  for me,I  was a great Puller who made very few mistakes in hitting either the H- L- or D buttons. And,I  had a Clipboard to keep records.

No rest after the 5 men were done shooting their 25 clay pigeons.  I had to run to load up the High House and Low House.

For my Safety,I  turned off the power switch and released the next cocked Clay Pigeon. That was my Father's  #1 rule.

Low House was next and you would be surprised  at just how many grown men would be in front of the Low House Window looking for their brand new Shotgun Hulls at Station #7.

I had to yell and make sure no one was in front of that Window before releasing  that last Pigeon.

As soon as,I  was done reloading more Clay pigeons- 5 new men would be waiting on me at Station #1.

More Running and Kids don't  get tired as we all remember. 

Now,I  was trained to hit that button at any sound as only a few would yell out- " Pull".

I heard everything  from- Yip-- Hooo- HHahh--Ahhhh-- Coughing and many others. That's right- one guy Coughed as his Signal to hit the button.

Now some of the Best Skeet Shooters ever came to the Monroe- Chester Sportsmen's  Club Skeet + Trap Range. And ,I  learned alot.

By age 14, I  shot my 1st 25 Staight in Skeet. Won my 1st competition  at age 15 with just one other 15 year old. We both shot 48 out of 50 and had an extended shoot off which,I  won.

My opponents Father talked to me later when,I  was alone and wanted my Trophy for his Son!!  He did not get it...

I also managed to win many years later in April of 1994 a Registered  Skeet 12 Gauge " Doubles" competition.   On this Day- there was light rain and a Light to medium wind. 

The Clay pigeons just " flattened out" right out of the Houses.  Being a Pheasant Hunter,I  was ready. My score of 92 out of 100 won this competition.  All these great Shots were missing over the Top in the wind.

Hope Y'All enjoyed this post.

You should post this as your own topic.

On 6/12/2021 at 8:23 AM, bushden said:

Pretty nice trap machine, are you on a range or is that your property.

No this is at Farmers Sportmans club located in Milford . Trap shooting is every Friday from 6-10 pm. It is not to far from Hopewell. Hope to see you there. 

52 minutes ago, Beenthere said:

No this is at Farmers Sportmans club located in Milford . Trap shooting is every Friday from 6-10 pm. It is not to far from Hopewell. Hope to see you there. 

I do a fair amount of shooting on the trap range at Ft Dix, if you enjoy trap and skeet check it out. I think there are 10 trap/Skeet  buildings, you can shoot multi directional  and doubles. I have not seen better anywhere in NJ Check out their webpage and facebook page.

http://www.range-14.com/skeet.html

https://www.facebook.com/JBMDLR14

zzzzzzzzz.jpg

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL