Cape Cod lobster diver gets swallowed by humpback whale!!!

Bonefreak

That not a first time I heard a story like that, Captain Ahab had a similar experience when his ship Essex went down he survived being swallowed by Moby Dick.  DID YOU READ MOBY DICK

CORRECTION: Cpt Ahab (Gregory Peck) in the movie was on the whaling ship Pequod, The Essex was the name of the whaling ship that 1st mate Owen Chase who survived the ramming of a whale and wrote of his adventures that were the inspiration for Herman Melville's book MOBY DICK.  I should have remembered that.

Edited by bushden

33 minutes ago, bushden said:

That not a first time I heard a story like that, Captain Ahab had a similar experience when his ship Essex went down he survived being swallowed by Moby Dick.  DID YOU READ MOBY DICK

Ahab was a fictional character but the story was inspired by the Essex

however, that was funny

In The Heart of The Sea is the story of the Essex and a movie is out here's somewhere also.

I read the book and if you like the sea and reading..... you will enjoy it.

“After seventeen days, one of the crew suggested that they cast lots. As it turned out, the lot fell to the man who had originally made the proposal, and after lots were cast again to see who should execute him, he was killed and eaten.”

7 hours ago, RPK0620 said:

In The Heart of The Sea is the story of the Essex and a movie is out here's somewhere also.

I read the book and if you like the sea and reading..... you will enjoy it.

“After seventeen days, one of the crew suggested that they cast lots. As it turned out, the lot fell to the man who had originally made the proposal, and after lots were cast again to see who should execute him, he was killed and eaten.”

I'm gonna read this - found it online: https://erenow.net/common/intheheartofthesea/

From the same chapter that you just quoted from:

But this was not a whale or a hog or a tortoise. This was Lawson Thomas, a shipmate with whom they had shared two hellish months in an open boat. Whoever butchered Thomas's body had to contend not only with the cramped quarters of a twenty-five-foot boat but also with the chaos of his own emotions.