IGNORED

Trailering Tips

Zipper

10 minutes ago, Bones said:

Ouch how do they get it back on without causing to much more damage?

I was thinking about it and it can not be easy. You need a Crane but the only way to pick up a boat is with two straps wrapped around it. Hard to do when the boat is not sitting in the water but on pavement. 

Those rollers worked too well! 

How'd this happen? I mean, he had to have a winch strap for one, right? So either that broke or for some reason he disconnected it from the bow before he drive off. But then i guess he also didn't put the straps on in the back too or they broke when the boat started sliding back? 

Had to have multiple failures here... Murphy strikes again.

Boats are nothin' but trouble😁

There are truck towing companies that specialize in big unit recovery, they have extendable booms that can pick up the boat with minimal damage. A bit EXPENSIVE but with a boat like that it would be worth it.

http://hainestowing.com/

zzzzzzzyyy.JPG

Edited by bushden
Grammer

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL

5 hours ago, mazzgolf said:

Those rollers worked too well! 

How'd this happen? I mean, he had to have a winch strap for one, right? So either that broke or for some reason he disconnected it from the bow before he drive off. But then i guess he also didn't put the straps on in the back too or they broke when the boat started sliding back? 

Had to have multiple failures here... Murphy strikes again.

Boats are nothin' but trouble😁

The winch strap broke on me twice. With age it gets brutal. I bet he did not put the chain on, which you should do right after the boat is winched in

3 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

The winch strap broke on me twice. With age it gets brutal. I bet he did not put the chain on, which you should do right after the boat is winched in

Most Safty chains are inky rated for 3K .

so if a boat wants to go it can pop that chain easily .

wet bottom boat , and wet rollers it’s very easy to have the boat come off . Absolutely should have had tie downs on the back .

I use a 10k ratchet strap to secure the front of my boat when trailering, not just rely on the Safty chain 

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

1 hour ago, hammer4reel said:

Most Safty chains are inky rated for 3K .

so if a boat wants to go it can pop that chain easily .

wet bottom boat , and wet rollers it’s very easy to have the boat come off . Absolutely should have had tie downs on the back .

I use a 10k ratchet strap to secure the front of my boat when trailering, not just rely on the Safty chain 

Same here, winch, safety chain and appropriately sized ratchet strap on front.  Plus the straps in the rear.