NJ Bill A-1365 - Bans all forms of hunting contests in NJ

On Monday June 14th 2021 the Assembly Agriculture Committee will hear Bill A-1365. This bill would be the first nail in the coffin to ban hunting and trapping in the state. The time is short and if we sit on our hands and do nothing, we have a lot to lose.

There are four key Assemblymen who sit on this committee who could stop this bill from being released from committee if they were to vote no. It is up to us through our calls to their district offices to make our collective voices heard.

The time to act is now, we have five short days to stop the bleeding before it starts. If this bill were to reach Governor Murphy’s desk, there is no doubt that he would sign it into law,

The Four Key Assemblymen are:

• John Armato (D) 609-382-5421
  • Adam Taliaferro (D) 856-251-9801
  • Ronald Dancer (R) 609-758-0205
  • Parker Space (R) 973-300-0200

You can contact your state legislator here: https://www.njleg.state.nj.us/selectrep.asp

When submitting comment about our positions, we should identify ourselves and the organizations we belong to, NJSFSC or NJOA, or identify both.

Remain calm and respectful, but be firm in the regard that this was an overreach and poor decision that should be rectified quickly.

Link to the text of the legislation:  https://legiscan.com/NJ/bill/A1365/2020

I never could understand why these animal rights people put land animals above fish. So.... Fish can be harvested but not squirrels? Why? Because fish are ugly and squirrels are cute? I can't figure out any other difference. But yet - here we are - that bill prohibits hunting tourneys but not fishing tourneys. Go figure.

FISH ARE PEOPLE, TOO!!!!

That bill is written by morons!  Hunting in itself is a sport aka competition aka activity.  

The bill defines...

"Competitive event" means any activity, competition, contest, derby, tournament, or other organized activity where participants are encouraged to take wildlife and are rewarded by the receipt of a prize or any kind of inducement or reward.

The reward is the game being sought.  

"Harass" means to annoy, attack, disrupt normal behavior patterns of, or otherwise disturb wildlife without taking it.

Lol!  Morons!  

That bill will never hold up in court.  It's moronic!

https://www.njleg.state.nj.us/2020/Bills/A1500/1365_I1.HTM

That bill is written by morons!  Hunting in itself is a sport aka competition aka activity.  
The bill defines...
"Competitive event" means any activity, competition, contest, derby, tournament, or other organized activity where participants are encouraged to take wildlife and are rewarded by the receipt of a prize or any kind of inducement or reward.
The reward is the game being sought.  
"Harass" means to annoy, attack, disrupt normal behavior patterns of, or otherwise disturb wildlife without taking it.
Lol!  Morons!  
That bill will never hold up in court.  It's moronic!
https://www.njleg.state.nj.us/2020/Bills/A1500/1365_I1.HTM

With how liberal this state is I would bet if passed it would take years to go to court or be thrown out and upheld.

We all need to join our conservation group of choice whether that be the Federation of sportsmen’s clubs, the UBNJ or the NJOA to name a few.

If we don’t band together we will continue losing our rights to liberal policy that has no basis on anything in reality.

Www.UBNJ.org/membership.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
19 minutes ago, Farmingdales Finest said:

With how liberal this state is I would bet if passed it would take years to go to court or be thrown out and upheld.

We all need to join our conservation group of choice whether that be the Federation of sportsmen’s clubs, the UBNJ or the NJOA to name a few.

If we don’t band together we will continue losing our rights to liberal policy that has no basis on anything in reality.

The NJOA is nothing but a bunch of tree huggers that do more bad for the gun rights and hunting in this state then the crooked politicians they back 

29 minutes ago, Farmingdales Finest said:

They know about the Bill.  The akc knows about the Bill and tried to have it re-worded so that akc field trials and other events would not be affected.  Training bird dogs can also be affected.

The bill looks like it was written by clueless morons with dyslexia.   I seriously doubt that it will pass.