IGNORED

Atlantic Highlands Ramp Closure...

Mallard1100

1 minute ago, Lunatic said:

you did not read my post, did you?

Yeah I was just reinforcing what you said.

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL

1 hour ago, JHbowhunter said:

Wow. That ramp looks in great shape to me. One of the better ones. Our tax money once again being mis-appropriated 

Honestly jack are you partially blind ??

there is a hole in the middle blocked off that would swallow a tractor trailer .

and the hole where guys have to stop in the south side of the ramp is almost as bad .

‘the ramp has been in horrible shape for over a decade

Edited by hammer4reel

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

17 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

there is a hole in the middle blocked off that would swallow a tractor trailer .

and the hole where guys have to stop in the south side of the ramp is almost as bad .

ok, but why do it now in early june? 

48 minutes ago, MGHunter66 said:

Oh shit, that means getting to other ramps EARLY is a must wtf

Early? You mean like a.m.?You obviously never owned a boat and launched at those places. They all suck,no place for the novice,especially Leonardo only room for two and don't go back too far the ramp drops off, all worthless with low tide. Glad I don't trailer anymore it's going to be a cluster f***That's what made AH great,the long concrete ramp you could  do it at any time.

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

7 minutes ago, Kype said:

ok, but why do it now in early june? 

Not really sure , but I know in shark river they only let them dredge during a short window .

‘they don’t want silt movement when winter flounder are staged there from fall to mid spring .

dredging is usually June , July, august when it’s the busiest , so it possibly could be the window the epa gave them .

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

3 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

Not really sure , but I know in shark river they only let them dredge during a short window .

‘they don’t want silt movement when winter flounder are staged there from fall to mid spring .

dredging is usually June , July, august when it’s the busiest , so it possibly could be the window the epa gave them .

I'll buy that,when's the last time that was ever dredged.

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

im not big on saltwater fishing, but i do know AH boat ramp is one busy son of a bitch. cant imagine the overflow to other boat ramps. i feel bad for you guys. 

what will it be like on the weekends:shock:.  

if the project does last 10 days. then ok,  not a big deal. but we all know how that goes. 

2 hours ago, hammer4reel said:

Maybe he is thinking about a different ramp

Edited by Lunatic

6 minutes ago, Qman said:

Prevailing wage working with the tides and the cost of concrete with accelerants in it can drive up the cost that ramp Has been a mess for a while

That’s why we are one of the dumbest countries in the world when it comes to paying for our services. We insist to pay more than we should. 
btw I’m thinking they will not ge fighting tides. There are ways to hold the tides out

6 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

btw I’m thinking they will not ge fighting tides. There are ways to hold the tides out

Yo tide can't you see were working here?get back!

http://www.ahnj.com/ahnj/Harbor/

Edited by hunterbob1