IGNORED

Going with a revolver

OldMenRule

All the advice I was given was greatly appreciated. I did shoot a bunch of semi-autos just really didn't take well to them. Had a good deal on a Browning 9mm HP fall thru so perhaps and omen. I've narrowed it down to a few choices all used but in great shape. 

Again thanks for all the great suggestions. :up:

4 hours ago, OldMenRule said:

All the advice I was given was greatly appreciated. I did shoot a bunch of semi-autos just really didn't take well to them. Had a good deal on a Browning 9mm HP fall thru so perhaps and omen. I've narrowed it down to a few choices all used but in great shape. 

Again thanks for all the great suggestions. :up:

Oldman, Have you looked at the Beretta 98FS if not I would recommend you at least take a look, I like the small frame and have put a few rounds down range with it, check it out. Here is a link to the beretta site with info on the handgun.    https://www.beretta.com/en/98-fs/

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL

1 hour ago, bushden said:

Oldman, Have you looked at the Beretta 98FS if not I would recommend you at least take a look, I like the small frame and have put a few rounds down range with it, check it out. Here is a link to the beretta site with info on the handgun.    https://www.beretta.com/en/98-fs/

I've come to terms with the fact I'm a simpleton. I've always gravitated to bolt action rifles and pump shotguns. Hell I'd like to go back to 13 TV channels and a simple antenna....

Thanks for the link I will look into it. 

1 hour ago, bushden said:

I own a Italian made Beretta 92F, absolutely awesome and accurate handgun.

Molon Lobe

25 minutes ago, OldMenRule said:

I've come to terms with the fact I'm a simpleton. I've always gravitated to bolt action rifles and pump shotguns. Hell I'd like to go back to 13 TV channels and a simple antenna....

Thanks for the link I will look into it. 

My brotherfromanothermother  :)  Nothing wrong with a wheel gun, I own a pair of S&Ws.  One a .22 and the other a .44 mag.  

2 hours ago, Bucksnbows said:

My brotherfromanothermother  :)  Nothing wrong with a wheel gun, I own a pair of S&Ws.  One a .22 and the other a .44 mag.  

I think all that time I spent as a kid watching reruns of Adam 12 and the adventures of Superman affected me. All te bad guys had revolvers which for some reason held endless rounds....

18 minutes ago, OldMenRule said:

watching reruns of Adam 12

Completely off topic - but I just watched a good episode of Adam-12 just a couple days ago on MeTV! The one where they were assigned to work the front desk - and they had more action working that front desk than they did some days out on the beat!! It was a great episode!

https://kodiapps.com/episode-4660-2-21

I love the synopsis: "Malloy's shift isn't all quiet as he captures two criminals who come in looking to see if their partner has been captured and other characters from LA-LA land"  :rofl:

Edited by mazzgolf

9 minutes ago, mazzgolf said:

Completely off topic - but I just watched a good episode of Adam-12 just a couple days ago on MeTV! The one where they were assigned to work the front desk - and they had more action working that front desk than they did some days out on the beat!! It was a great episode!

https://kodiapps.com/episode-4660-2-21

I love the synopsis: "Malloy's shift isn't all quiet as he captures two criminals who come in looking to see if their partner has been captured and other characters from LA-LA land"  :rofl:

It's a great show. Amazing how police work has changed over the years. 

1 hour ago, OldMenRule said:

I think all that time I spent as a kid watching reruns of Adam 12 and the adventures of Superman affected me. All te bad guys had revolvers which for some reason held endless rounds....

Of course you can't forget the Dirty Harry movies when it comes to revolvers!  And Clint actually counted his shots as we remember from that famous scene....not like the 11-16 shot revolvers most movies or TV show used.    

8 minutes ago, Bucksnbows said:

Of course you can't forget the Dirty Harry movies when it comes to revolvers!  And Clint actually counted his shots as we remember from that famous scene....not like the 11-16 shot revolvers most movies or TV show used.    

I remember watching that scene and trying to count the shots - I think I still lost count ... Harry was the man! :D

HEY... I GOTS TO KNOW!

What do you want to do with the gun? Hunt? Target? Protection?

I have a S&W 460xvr 8 3/8" 

It's bad ass!  You can shoot 460 magnum, 454 casull and 45 colt.

With 460 mags   2250fps 200 yard zero. No holdover from 0 to 250 yard shots on deer.  

nice choice. i own a bunch of wheel guns. they are simple and reliable. i just wish i bought my 357 mag with rubber grips rather then wood. my ruger LCR has rubber grip but its a very small 357. kicks like a mule. the flame that comes out is bigger then the gun lol.