IGNORED

GT KNOT. Explained for JHBH

38 minutes ago, nmc02 said:

Prefer chafe guard over grommet, though both work. Definitely like seeing others methods & opinions. Do you always put assist hook to split ring? I have found better hook up rate if the assist hook is attached to solid ring, as it is slightly higher on the jig.

I actually do too .....the only example I had for a pic was this one that a friend had borrowed for a trip to panama last year....

25 minutes ago, bowguide said:

I actually do too .....the only example I had for a pic was this one that a friend had borrowed for a trip to panama last year....

Yea , we never attach anything to the split ring except the jig .

hook has always gone to the solid ring, WTH  kind of pics you posting lol .

Nick  don’t do it for it being higher as we adjust our assist hooks when we tie them ..

‘hooks attached to a split ring can get stuck in the split and it pulls open with a big fish ,

solid ring for attachment of hook and line tie .

jig is only thing on the ring 

Edited by hammer4reel

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

43 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

Yea , we never attach anything to the split ring except the jig .

hook has always gone to the solid ring, WTH  kind of pics you posting lol .

Nick  don’t do it for it being higher as we adjust our assist hooks when we tie them ..

‘hooks attached to a split ring can get stuck in the split and it pulls open with a big fish ,

solid ring for attachment of hook and line tie .

jig is only thing on the ring 

Yeah I didn't realize it when I pulled it out of Johns bag that I got after he passed.....he never did listen to what I told him...if you noticed that was a factory tied assist hook and you know I make all of my own.....

You guys switch jig from split ring each time or leave split ring attached to each and every jig? Meaning cut leader and reattach each and every time you change out jig? What jigs you favor for tuna?? I have hundreds of different 

8 hours ago, nmc02 said:

You guys switch jig from split ring each time or leave split ring attached to each and every jig? Meaning cut leader and reattach each and every time you change out jig? What jigs you favor for tuna?? I have hundreds of different 

8 hours ago, nmc02 said:

I prefer cb one, fcl labo, hots drift tune, fisherman Andaman, & have done well w shimano butterfly 

8 hours ago, nmc02 said:

What hooks you using for assist...shout kudako, bkk, or owner?

I change the lures as needed . Usually have three rods set with different stuff .

My jig bag probably weighs 50 pounds . And have a asst of different stuff .

‘but if I had to choose just three jigs they would be original stingy PBJ,  flat hammered diamond jig , and run offs sand eel .

the sand eel I remove his tail hook and use asst hooks ..

I think most jigs are ridiculously priced and honestly haven’t seen them catch more than cheap ones . If your on top of fish and the jig Is moving they crush it .

use, vmc, owner and gami hook in 3 and 4 X.

350 and 500 Kevlar with owner or vmc split rings and solid rings .

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

25 minutes ago, nmc02 said:

I have a few runoff ... still never tried them

They swim very natural , found them very good for lots of species in all different weights .

seem to work good both jigging as well as bottom dropping and swimming them fast through water column 

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

9 hours ago, nmc02 said:

I prefer cb one, fcl labo, hots drift tune, fisherman Andaman, & have done well w shimano butterfly 

I like the labos but the finish sucks worse than a $2 Walmart jig.....So thanks to my buddy Courtland from Jigskinz I refinish all of my Labos after their first use....Like Hammer said you cant beat the original Stingo PBJs and I guard them like my life depends upon it.....Jimmyjigs are also at the top of my list  and Im really liking the jigs from NLO.....as far as hooks go you cant go wrong with Shout or owner

5 hours ago, bowguide said:

I like the labos but the finish sucks worse than a $2 Walmart jig.....So thanks to my buddy Courtland from Jigskinz I refinish all of my Labos after their first use....Like Hammer said you cant beat the original Stingo PBJs and I guard them like my life depends upon it.....Jimmyjigs are also at the top of my list  and Im really liking the jigs from NLO.....as far as hooks go you cant go wrong with Shout or owner

Never heard of NLO jigs....they look very nice. What is your go to NLO jig for tuna???

6 hours ago, nmc02 said:

Never heard of NLO jigs....they look very nice. What is your go to NLO jig for tuna???

Haven't had the chance to fish them for tuna yet....they are fairly new and my friend Courtland from Jigskinz started NLO and sent me some......Ive used for AJs in Mexico and the smaller ones for stripers and they do all they need to.....with the amount of research he does and his attention to detail Im sure any and all of them will get the job done....Hopefully work slows up and I get a chance to drop some here this season