IGNORED

current river conditions/South/North Branch and/or Musky

10 minutes ago, GunDogs said:

That would be wonderful if you did that. I recently moved from Changewater and now live just a bit downstream from here, kinda near the pink hippo, and there are a lot of man-made problems that need fixing in the short stretch between the 2 Old Turnpike bridges. The Stephensburg Bridge will probably need to be repaired again soon too because of all the debris clogging it at the moment. My kids like to start their river tubing adventures at the 1st bridge and then finish at the 2nd bridge, so we get to see all the man-made changes in that stretch. 

I was approached by the two landowners next to the bridge about restoration, but they don’t own down to the river which they didn’t know at the time. That’s NJDOT owned land. I did restore a 1/3 mile reach behind what was Willie’s Weiners about 8 years ago. 

Sorry to hijack the thread. 

Pequest still running high but fishable. Tons of fish still to be had but water visibly wasn’t the greatest.  Bright color flys did the trick. Squirmy worm and egg patterns.  Lots of fish taking drys as well. Finicky bite but we caught some fish.  High water has them spread out nicely. All fish were thick, nice colors and a lot of spunk.

165CBD9B-B890-4DBB-872E-E5ABACD71A23.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

went out to south branch not far from confluence with north branch yesterday afternoon- river was high and slightly off color. New spot for me- found some interesting water that I thought would have had at least a bluegill if not smallies. No such luck.  Was watching some fish jump out of water in a very long, but what turned out to be a very deep pool. Could not figure any easy way to get to that area. Will need to go back and see if I can bushwack my way. 

1 hour ago, jerseyducker said:

went out to south branch not far from confluence with north branch yesterday afternoon- river was high and slightly off color. New spot for me- found some interesting water that I thought would have had at least a bluegill if not smallies. No such luck.  Was watching some fish jump out of water in a very long, but what turned out to be a very deep pool. Could not figure any easy way to get to that area. Will need to go back and see if I can bushwack my way. 

that was my hometown water. the fish you saw was more then likely carp. 

Edited by Kype
was not is.

fished the south branch today. near camp carr area. water level was great. i hope it stays that way into the dog days of summer. i was trying to catch smallies. but 6 rainbows saved the day for me. fun action on the 3 weight fly rod.

Yea I thought they were carp- there was a   sporadic  white fly hatch, small size 12-14 going on- actually seemed to be leaping out of water to hit those flys- did not have enough time to figure out how to get up and around the area to get to them. River is surprisingly deep at that area. Did not plan for that. Ran out of time to further explore.