IGNORED

Damn dogfish

Buckeyes11

As a kid, Grandpa what's this? It's a blowfish not edible, throw it back in the water. When I became older I fished on the Long Branch fishing Pier. They were plentiful then. And elderly soul brother taught me, son  not good to eat it's a tale, the good eating is the tail!

Same goes for Dogfish you would be surprised in the high-end restaurants!

https://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt/2017/01/07/508538671/would-you-eat-this-fish-a-shark-called-dogfish-makes-a-tasty-taco

Edited by hunterbob1

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

Dogfish is one of the classic UK fish to get at a fish and chip shop along with skate wing.  Very tasty indeed - great for kids because there are no fish bones to worry about too.

It is sold as Huss, Dogfish or even ‘Rock Salmon’.  All the same thing and one of my favorites.

9 minutes ago, madeinuk said:

Dogfish is one of the classic UK fish to get at a fish and chip shop along with skate wing.  Very tasty indeed - great for kids because there are no fish bones to worry about too.

It is sold as Huss, Dogfish or even ‘Rock Salmon’.  All the same thing and one of my favorites.

I knew you would get that.

Skate's is another underrated.

https://www.seriouseats.com/the-nasty-bits-skate-wing

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

1 hour ago, Gobblengrunt said:

Dogfish is great shark bait!  And i heard they were pretty good to eat.  May have to try one or two this summer

They are very good but u need to put them on ice and gut right away.  White flaky meat