IGNORED

Fox on the Run........

MRMCR

About once a week if I get to my building by 530am -6am I will see the fox hanging around but he immediately takes off.......Could he still be looking for more chickens  over a year later ??.....and he is a beauty so he must be eating well........

ESTATESALESBYOLGA.COM    ALWAYS BUYING ANTIQUE AND VINTAGE ITEMS  CALL 908 868 8236 MIKE

2 minutes ago, Swamprat said:

Foxes and coyotes have adapted just like deer. They know developments are safe and often are areas rich with food opportunities.  Cats and dogs are getting picked off almost on a monthly basis.  

Really? Where? Have not seen anything about it in a while. 

Found 2 collars(cat)  this spring turkey hunting. South jersey. And last month a co worker of mine was at central jersey farm where a "pack" (his words) were trying to lure his dog into the woods.  

Maybe not monthly but I keep hearing about situations.  Couple dogs were attacked last year in Wharton.  Dogs off leash but that's a different topic.  Lol. 

Last week in 08060 their was a yote walking around in a neighborhood around 6-7am. Coworker showed me on his Facebook page.  

Friend of mine lives in shamong(edge of Wharton) and says the neighbors have had close calls with yotes.  He hears them daily.  I keep asking for permission to hunt but they all say no.  Lol. 

Kill every predator u can after this past turkey season!  

My boy n I are guna get our trapping licenses.

It has come to the point we need to do something. And I’m guna make plans w some guys who turkey hunt some common woods to make a concerted effort to predator control for canids and nest raiders. 

19 minutes ago, Bonefreak said:

guna get our trapping licenses.

I got my trapping license a couple years ago - bought a half-dozen dog-proofs and some snares... and have never done it yet. :lookaround: Just don't have the time to dedicate to it (and you really do need to dedicate to it, what with the requirement to check traps daily). Gets in the way of deer and waterfowl hunting - can't figure out how to do it all :hmmmer:

The past couple years I keep telling myself I need to start trapping. Last Friday went to my buddy's private property where we know there are turkeys. We also know there are yotes (a couple years ago, a yote attacked my decoy here). Well, Friday, I sat for an hour, didn't hear anything. So I got up to walk around. I got on a trail and started walking -- I wasn't more than 100 yards from where I sat and was calling when I saw two yotes on the trail ... they were probably stalking "the turkey" they heard calling a little while earlier. They saw me first... before I can raise the gun, they were gone. I keep saying we need to hunt them or trap them here, but I never do :/ 

15 minutes ago, mazzgolf said:

I got my trapping license a couple years ago - bought a half-dozen dog-proofs and some snares... and have never done it yet. :lookaround: Just don't have the time to dedicate to it (and you really do need to dedicate to it, what with the requirement to check traps daily). Gets in the way of deer and waterfowl hunting - can't figure out how to do it all :hmmmer:

Yep. Having time is always an issue in these busy times. 

that’s why I was thinking about chatting w the fellas that hunt the same areas as me and we can combine our efforts and time to keep these bastuds in check....a type of grass roots Co-op effort!  It’s guna take a tribe!!

they just wrecked a bunch of woods, a horse farm, & chicken farm/coops and all the varmints followed the creek bed down to our turkey spot. 

NWT should also give out traps to incentivize predator control.