5/22 Opening Day Fluke

11 hours ago, rgw said:

So here is a little story that happened today, when we were ready to leave we pulled up to the ramp and there was a guy in a nice 20’cc brand new, he tells me he is going to be a while, sends his wife to get suv and trailer, she has never drove a trailer let a lone back one up, it was painful watching her do it but she finally got it down, now you would think he would get out to crank it up, nope he had her do it, she couldn’t work the crank to save her life, finally I yelled to the guy “ don’t you think you should help her out “ he looks right at me with a straight face and said “ I have no clue how to work it, she will have to figure it out, it was at that point I hoped down to load the boat for her, and told him he better learn his boat before going out again. Felt so bad for the lady, he did absolutely nothing 

I used to loose mY mind at the ramp. People would back up to the ramp and only then start getting ready, loading the boat, putting the plug in, taking trailer straps off while several boats behind them were waiting. It is an entertaining spot if you are not in line waiting to get out. People do some crazy stuff when about to hit water. 

8 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

I used to loose mY mind at the ramp. People would back up to the ramp and only then start getting ready, loading the boat, putting the plug in, taking trailer straps off while several boats behind them were waiting. It is an entertaining spot if you are not in line waiting to get out. People do some crazy stuff when about to hit water. 

When  I get to old to fish I think I will go around and video boat ramp for YouTube videos :laughing:

10 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

I saw a giant school of dying bunker at monmouth Marina on Shrewsbury river  yesterday. They all look beat up with parts of their bodies flaking off 

Dead bunker all along the Raritan on the way in yesterday 

11 hours ago, rgw said:

So here is a little story that happened today, when we were ready to leave we pulled up to the ramp and there was a guy in a nice 20’cc brand new, he tells me he is going to be a while, sends his wife to get suv and trailer, she has never drove a trailer let a lone back one up, it was painful watching her do it but she finally got it down, now you would think he would get out to crank it up, nope he had her do it, she couldn’t work the crank to save her life, finally I yelled to the guy “ don’t you think you should help her out “ he looks right at me with a straight face and said “ I have no clue how to work it, she will have to figure it out, it was at that point I hoped down to load the boat for her, and told him he better learn his boat before going out again. Felt so bad for the lady, he did absolutely nothing 

It was my first Saturday AH.  I just launched my boat and I looked up to give my wife the thumbs up so she could pull forward and watched a guy back down the ramp at a 45 degree angle and come within about a foot of my trailer which was still in the water.  I let out a loud “whoa” and he thankfully stopped and pulled forward.  I’m not a ramp expert but it’s scary what I’ve seen in two months there lol.  

41 minutes ago, Farmshine said:

It was my first Saturday AH.  I just launched my boat and I looked up to give my wife the thumbs up so she could pull forward and watched a guy back down the ramp at a 45 degree angle and come within about a foot of my trailer which was still in the water.  I let out a loud “whoa” and he thankfully stopped and pulled forward.  I’m not a ramp expert but it’s scary what I’ve seen in two months there lol.  

The pandemic has boat sales at record highs. Lots of newbies out there all learning boating for the first time. Scary!

11 hours ago, Lunatic said:

I saw a giant school of dying bunker at monmouth Marina on Shrewsbury river  yesterday. They all look beat up with parts of their bodies flaking off 

IMG_7768.MOV

might be that algae that was clogging my motor and thick top to bottom on the screen that is killing them. Not sure how a fish can breathe in that...

1 hour ago, JHbowhunter said:

might be that algae that was clogging my motor and thick top to bottom on the screen that is killing them. Not sure how a fish can breathe in that...

It's that time of the year.

Want your lawn to look good? call us.

The lawn Doctor.

Not responsible for environmental impact.