Looking for help - Remington 1187 12g Super Mag

NJMarine

So this happened the other day to my brother shooting at a turkey with my dad's Remington 1187 12g SuperMag.  Bolt assembly cracked, no idea how this happened but it did.  Problem is that all the usual online stores for gun parts, etc are sold out of bolt assemblies for this particular gun.  Wondering if anyone has a suggestion of a place I can try to find one.  Even Remington itself wasn't much help as they are still in the process of getting back on their feet with firearm production. 

IMG_5747.jpeg

WOW if everyone is out of 1187 bolt assemblies that says a lot about the 1187 quality. My guess is they have a flaw. No wonder they went under. Thats really screwed up BOLTS SHOULD NOT CRACK unless you did something dumb with hot reloads.

Posted (edited)

Super Mags had a flaw... 11-87's flawless. Super mags had inferior metal and is VERY common as added power built the that part always shit the bed eventually. I had mine replaced twice. Give Hudson Farms a call in Andover NJ. They should have the part if not Cabelas Gunsmith department.. They have a huge stock of older Remington Parts..

Edited by MPSR
edit

I had the same thing happen to my 1187 probably 15 years ago shooting a turkey. I brought it to a gun smith in Andover I think Bob Smith, I got his name from Simon Peter had the part and fixed it right away. Might want to call Simon Peter and ask for the gun smith phone number. Semper Fi

9 hours ago, MPSR said:

Super Mags had a flaw... 11-87's flawless. Super mags had inferior metal and is VERY common as added power built the that part always shit the bed eventually. I had mine replaced twice. Give Hudson Farms a call in Andover NJ. They should have the part if not Cabelas Gunsmith department.. They have a huge stock of older Remington Parts..

if known flaw , did remington ever address it ?

2 minutes ago, JD48 said:

if known flaw , did remington ever address it ?

Back in 2017 I had a issue with 1187 20ga deer shotgun, the action bar broke. Took it the gunsmith, per Remington. I got a confirmation number that they would pay for the repairs, and got the CS Rep's name, she said pay the bill and then submit it to us and we will mail you check. Upon completion of the repairs I called Remington on how to submit the bill, email, or by mail....they refused to pay for it, even with confirmation number and name of CS Rep....Remington turned it into a POS company cause of the stupid people that once owned it, hopefully they can go back to a great AMERICAN  firearms company 

image.png.25db362e4a8dff869560decaa3faff5a.png

1 hour ago, BHC said:

Back in 2017 I had a issue with 1187 20ga deer shotgun, the action bar broke. Took it the gunsmith, per Remington. I got a confirmation number that they would pay for the repairs, and got the CS Rep's name, she said pay the bill and then submit it to us and we will mail you check. Upon completion of the repairs I called Remington on how to submit the bill, email, or by mail....they refused to pay for it, even with confirmation number and name of CS Rep....Remington turned it into a POS company cause of the stupid people that once owned it, hopefully they can go back to a great AMERICAN  firearms company 

image.png.25db362e4a8dff869560decaa3faff5a.png

after getting the o.k. from remington and conf, # and reps name ,  what reason did they give you for not paying ?

36 minutes ago, JD48 said:

after getting the o.k. from remington and conf, # and reps name ,  what reason did they give you for not paying ?

They said the rep had no authority to give the ok, only a manager