IGNORED

U.S. Military Ad !

Mink

1 hour ago, deadonshot2 said:

So you just made a case for the greatest need when it comes to immigration. Immigration reform. A wall, more border agents, etc is not going to fix the issue. Because once they reach our shores they have rights. I do not agree with that but unfortunately that is the case. Neither party wants immigration reform-- it is too powerful a political tool. Hence that is why the problem just grows. Not going to debate what one party is better than the other at. It all still comes down to neither party wants the issue to go away and both are using it for political purposes.

Yes and reiterate immigration for immigration reform.  The current situation is not immigration it is illegal entry.  Enforce laws wlready on books.  Those here in good standing other than being here illegally give them so many months to start the prosess to citizen ship.  Any one caught illegally crossing gets penalized and can't apply for x amount of time.  3 strikes your out.

2 hours ago, bushden said:

All here that you quoted I sure you got from a current MILITARY site, however over the last 50 years they have changed more times then you could count in order to boost the end strength of the military.  The ASVAB (Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery,) is not new, that to has and could change. It tells the services what position you are best suited for. In years past recruits who had language barriers were helped to read  and understand and complete it by recruiters, you would not believe how man American recruits some dumb as rocks who attended US schools could not read had to have the test read to them  they are what we called the the CAT 5' some of them still as dumb as rocks made it to the NCO corps and had useful careers in the military doing jobs they could handle. Not everyone needs to be a nuclear engineer.

My point here is directed at the original recruiting ad, we are a purple Military and need to stay that way, we should not focus on any groups personal background we need to stick to what we do best and that is build a Military of men and women who will fight together to protect the US without regard to their backgrounds they are all US MILITARY men and Women when they put the uniform on , they are privates  sargeants, captains and generals all part of one team with a mission to protect the country,

Well said Dennis. Playing devils advocate here for a second. This ad could have two purposes. First one is they are targeting a segment of our society where they feel they have a pool of recruits not heavily recruited in the past. Just like any other ad for products or services-- they target groups they feel will help grow their business. The second purpose may be to turn awareness back to military careers for those that were being shunned by the previous administration. 

3 hours ago, bushden said:

over the last 50 years they have changed more times then you could count in order to boost the end strength of the military. 

Strength is the key word.  I doubt they will lower standards to weaken.  Remember when they use to take criminals into the armed forces?  They stopped!

Why would those who illegally cross our borders from all over the world want to join when they are getting everything free at taxpayers expense?

Not to mention the current bozo admin wants to make them legal strictly to get their votes.   

They are being used for political power.

Edited by nickmarch

19 minutes ago, vdep217 said:

Yes and reiterate immigration for immigration reform.  The current situation is not immigration it is illegal entry.  Enforce laws wlready on books.  Those here in good standing other than being here illegally give them so many months to start the prosess to citizen ship.  Any one caught illegally crossing gets penalized and can't apply for x amount of time.  3 strikes your out.

Hey I agree with you-- but once they hit our land they have rights whether they entered legally or illegally. That is why reform is greatly needed. We have two parties who use it politically. Ever hear a congressman or senator who is using it for political capital tell you what their plan is? NOPE. That tells you they don't want to fix it because it is too useful as a political weapon.

21 minutes ago, vdep217 said:

Liberals created this situation and now they tell us there is no way out. Typical!! Enforce existing laws, eliminate retarded rules preventing our law enforcement do their job and the problem is over. Think about Trump accomplishments in a very short time and faced with overwhelming opposition to do what’s right. We can’t do anything about it is a BS story. It is “we don’t want to do anything about it” where we are at. Closing borders and making impossible for illegals to stay here is Very easy, we just need to want to do this. 

3 minutes ago, deadonshot2 said:

Hey I agree with you-- but once they hit our land they have rights whether they entered legally or illegally. That is why reform is greatly needed. We have two parties who use it politically. Ever hear a congressman or senator who is using it for political capital tell you what their plan is? NOPE. That tells you they don't want to fix it because it is too useful as a political weapon.

Yea they have rights.  When bozo took office the policy was to send them back to Mexico to apply for assylum.   Bozo reversed that and that's when they started flooding our border.  

9 minutes ago, nickmarch said:

Yea they have rights.  When bozo took office the policy was to send them back to Mexico to apply for assylum.   Bozo reversed that and that's when they started flooding our border.  

Stop wasting your time with deadheads. He is clueless 

Edited by Lunatic

10 minutes ago, nickmarch said:

Hey here is a first. I agree with you that bidens reversal was extreme and a very bad call. We did need some reversal from trumps extremely low numbers. Again they both did it to play to the people in the far corners of the parties. But immigration is political parties version of cancer. It is too powerful to find a cure. I do have one question though to two of you. Do you need to give nicknames to people to make yourself feel like a man? Because to actual men-- you look like anything but a man needing to nickname people either on this site or political world.

53 minutes ago, nickmarch said:

Strength is the key word.  I doubt they will lower standards to weaken.  Remember when they use to take criminals into the armed forces?  They stopped!

Why would those who illegally cross our borders from all over the world want to join when they are getting everything free at taxpayers expense?

Not to mention the current bozo admin wants to make them legal strictly to get their votes.   

They are being used for political power.

Lowering the standard has been a practice used to get recruits for years it is not done to weaken it is done to reinforce dwindling manpower and I am sure when the need arises it will happen again, you always need privates, and out of those groups sometimes emerge the best soldiers you have ever met, the dead beats are eventually thrown out and the ranks grow. If we are offering citizenship to illegals who agree to enter the service what you will get is not the criminals you will get for the most part the men and women who WANT TO BE AMERICANS. They will work hard and become assets to our society instead of burdens on the economy. 

There are a lot of illegals who are good family people just wanting a new life, there are also a lot of illegals who are not the kind of people we want here but this is certainly a way to put  some in service to the country instead of the country servicing them.

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL

23 minutes ago, bushden said:

this is certainly a way to put  some in service to the country instead of the country servicing them.

That's a good point but I still think we should make them enter the legal way.  What's going on now is crazy.  Of the few who would be eligible,  few to none would choose that route.  

My Father came with his family as an infant in the 20's.  His sister stayed behind.  Shortly after she wanted to be here with her family.  It took years! 

My Father and all of my uncles served in WW2. 

30 years ago my Dad and Uncles didn't like how many illegal immigrants were here and how easily they got here.  They always compared to what they had to go thru to get their sister here.  

What do you think about poachers?  You can legally hunt or you can poach.  If you get caught you pay a price.

Illegals get housing, checks, clothes, heat, schooling, food, medical, ect

Edited by nickmarch

2 minutes ago, nickmarch said:

That's a good point but I still think we should make them enter the legal way.  What's going on now is crazy.  Of the few who would be eligible,  few to none would choose that route.  

My Father came with his family as an infant in the 20's.  His sister stayed behind.  Shortly after she wanted to be here with her family.  It took years! 

My Father and all of my uncles served in WW2. 

30 years ago my Dad and Uncles didn't like how many illegal immigrants were here and how easily they got here.  They always compared to what they had to go thru to get their sister here.  

What do you think about poachers?  You can legally hunt or you can poach.  If you get caught you pay a price.

Illegals get housing, checks, clothes, heat, schooling, food, medical, ect

I hear you and agree they should enter the legal way but there are a good number of family people already here that we are dealing with so why not give them the opportunity to serve and be useful rather than a burden that is costing us American tax dollars until we can deport them,  the politicians are making mess out of this instead of them working together to fix it.

HONOR THE FALLEN
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL

8 minutes ago, bushden said:

I hear you and agree they should enter the legal way but there are a good number of family people already here that we are dealing with so why not give them the opportunity to serve and be useful rather than a burden that is costing us American tax dollars until we can deport them,  the politicians are making mess out of this instead of them working together to fix it.

The problem started decades ago because immigration laws were not enforced.  The so called dreamers should get a break.  They were born here.  All the others should be deported.  

The homeless population in this Country is due to the illegals among other things.  Many are veterans.  The government does more for illegals than it does for homeless vets.

How many homeless illegals do you see in homeless camps?  

The illegals take away housing and cause an increase in rents.  One single guy in a one br apt can't afford increases. 

10 illegals who took away jobs from Americans because they will work for less who all live in a one br apt together can pay the higher rent.   

Every job they get is a job an American doesn't get!

Then the government fines employers for hiring them???  Punish another American!  

The government let's them come and it's going to bring our Country down.

5 minutes ago, nickmarch said:

The problem started decades ago because immigration laws were not enforced.  The so called dreamers should get a break.  They were born here.  All the others should be deported.  

The homeless population in this Country is due to the illegals among other things.  Many are veterans.  The government does more for illegals than it does for homeless vets.

How many homeless illegals do you see in homeless camps?  

The illegals take away housing and cause an increase in rents.  One single guy in a one br apt can't afford increases. 

10 illegals who took away jobs from Americans because they will work for less who all live in a one br apt together can pay the higher rent.   

Every job they get is a job an American doesn't get!

Then the government fines employers for hiring them???  Punish another American!  

The government let's them come and it's going to bring our Country down.

Your mind is stuck on the words Illegal, It would be cheaper for us to weed out the ones we can offering them an opportunity to serve the us rather than suck us dry while we are playing political tennis between the Democrats and Republicans.

As for the homeless vets not getting as much help as the illegals you are WRONG. The homeless veterans in this country are making their own problems. There are more programs out there to help homeless veterans  than you can shake a stick at.  What we need are more GOOD AMERICAN VOLUNTEERS that can take the homeless vets by the hand and get them to the available help.

HONOR THE FALLEN