IGNORED

credit card scam / billing

JD48

had a charge on my credit card statement last cycle for $2.82 from google*gsuite , did not question it , paid it , this cycle, statement shows charge for $48.00 , called credit card company , they said there is a lot of this going on , canceled card , overnighted me new one ( teamster mastercard ). if you look up google charges on my credit card statement , there is a ton of this going on. CHECK YOUR CREDIT CARD STATEMENTS

I am old school and keep my charge receipts and match them up with my statements.  

Amazing how many charges I have found that were not mine over the years.

Edited by RPK0620

I thought, growing old would take longer ! 

I spent most of my money on shotguns and fly rods.  The rest I just wasted.

3 minutes ago, RPK0620 said:

I am old school and keep my church receipts and match them up with my statements.  

Amazing how many charges I have found that were not mine over the years.

so true Bob , John

The small charge is to see if the card works for the scammer, once they find out the card works then they charge larger amounts till the real owner reports the charges

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

"Don't forget that you're First Marines! Not all the Communists in hell can overrun you!" - Chesty Puller

• 4 months later...
On 5/15/2021 at 12:21 PM, Bowhunter444 said:

The small charge is to see if the card works for the scammer, once they find out the card works then they charge larger amounts till the real owner reports the charges

If I was doing it I would charge the larger amount the very first time. Why risk discovery by charging twice to get to what you want? 

Got hit about 2 weeks ago. Was at store and they tell me card was denied... hmmm..very strange for that to happen... well call card company and they connect me to fraud department.  Some company with I guess just letters as a name charged .14 cents to my card so they flagged it... they never contacted me though, so was little mad about that.... I knew right away that it was bogus charge as I was working on date and time it happened... they canceled card for me and sent new.... these scum that do this really suck ..

If I was doing it I would charge the larger amount the very first time. Why risk discovery by charging twice to get to what you want? 
Because most times they are buying your credit card # off the web so they run all the numbers through with small payments to see what are good then they buy what they want till card is shut down

"Don't forget that you're First Marines! Not all the Communists in hell can overrun you!" - Chesty Puller

Had that happen to us a long time ago.  Got charged a few dollars for a service.  Card company thought it was someone inside the company doing it.  Did the same thing with changing our card and took all the information to try to catch who was doing it..

• 2 weeks later...