another idiot who apparently doesn't know a human from a turkey

How does one "accidentally" shoot a hiker, "thinking he was a turkey" ????? THEY LOOK NOTHING ALIKE!!!!!! :rant:

It scares me that people like this are out hunting the same woods as me.

From Missouri:

3 minutes ago, mazzgolf said:

How does one "accidentally" shoot a hiker, "thinking he was a turkey" ????? THEY LOOK NOTHING ALIKE!!!!!! :rant:

It scares me that people like this are out hunting the same woods as me.

From Missouri:

There is no such thing as an accident with a firearm unintentional or careless are the only to ways to describe it and go hand in hand

We were on a pheasant hunt on Pelee Island in Ontario 15 minutes after shooting hours started we heard a medivack helicopter over us. Turned out that someone had been shot.......found out later that the guy was having an affair with the shooters wife! So sometimes it's intentional.

Pheasant hunting at flatbrook I had somebody shoot down into the bushes at me from up on a bank, when I crawled under to retrieve a bird.  Same as the irresponsible people you see on the highway taking stupid chances that can and do end up killing people.  Many people like that who don't think out the consequences of their actions before doing something.  No accident,  More like the inability to follow direction/order/instruction.  Probably would mess up putting a child's toy together because they couldn't be bothered to read the directions.  Pisses me off to hear stuff like this.

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, gregtpal said:

Have to wear orange when moving when turkey hunting in pa.. ..its probably a good reg

Agree I pull my orange ribbon out of my vest when walking but if every one followed the 3 rules of gun saftey these things would not happen.   If you know your target and beyond there is no way you are shooting a hunter thinking it's a turkey

Edited by vdep217

3 hours ago, jumpthestring said:

I worry about my son  mountain biking . with idiots like this in woods.

Oddly enough I have the same concern with the exception it's me. I do a lot of mountain biking and guys like this dude scare the hell out of me. I won't get killed outright I'll be wounded just enough to be at the mercy of my wife. 

4 hours ago, vdep217 said:

There is no such thing as an accident with a firearm unintentional or careless are the only to ways to describe it and go hand in hand

pulling the trigger is intentional, the rest was complete stupidity