IGNORED

Orion!

dlist777

2 minutes ago, archer36 said:

Yeah, I've heard that before. We both are dealing with the unknown. Believe what you want. 

Actually I experimented when I was younger especially over a bait pile.  Put a few cams 75 to 100 yrds down wind of bait in kinda a half moon on hot trails way more deer on those cams when I was in tree than I seen.  This is the reason I rarely hunt over the bait and when I do don't rely on the direction deer should come from rely on down wind and try to get a read on thermals deer will always circle to get scent of bait before coming in.  Even deer tgat seemingly come from up wind already circled down wind to scent check

7 minutes ago, vdep217 said:

That you know of for every deer you see that winded or spotted you there are probly 10 or more that you never seen that winded you 100 yrds or more away from you

I have seen it many times. Open fields on the farm I hunt show deer smelling hunters from 150 yards and turning around. In the woods you don't even see them.   

21 minutes ago, vdep217 said:

Actually I experimented when I was younger especially over a bait pile.  Put a few cams 75 to 100 yrds down wind of bait in kinda a half moon on hot trails way more deer on those cams when I was in tree than I seen.  This is the reason I rarely hunt over the bait and when I do don't rely on the direction deer should come from rely on down wind and try to get a read on thermals deer will always circle to get scent of bait before coming in.  Even deer tgat seemingly come from up wind already circled down wind to scent check

Nice work!

Edited by archer36

I "try" to keep wond in my favor. But ot swirls and changes direstion constantly where i hunt. That is only way to keep deer from catching your scent. I hunt yhe morning, scout or swap sd cards, then hunt in afternoon. All while wearing the same clothes. I do not change to hunt/scout. I try to keep the wind in my favor and i dont use any cover svents or scent eliminators. The wind is my only tool and like i said it is tough with all the seirling and constant change of direction. I dont buy into gommicks.  

I don't ever have to think about the wind direction.  I hunt no matter which direction the wind is blowing and they never smell me. 

Deer can smell 6 distinct odors at the same time so I overwhelm them with odors that they like.  I splash each odor separately onto multiple tree trunks all over the place where I can shoot.  The odors last for weeks.  The deer like the smell and constantly go from tree to tree smelling the stuff.

I hunt staging areas where they herd up before heading to other hunters bait piles and what I call hot spots where there are scrapes all over the place.  

Screenshot_20210509-141100~2.jpg

Screenshot_20210509-141118~2.jpg