IGNORED

Couple nice ocean bass

hammer4reel

6 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

Bass bite in bay has been on fire for a month . 
ocean side bite so far is Almost non existent. 
leaving from Belmar for a quick trip running to the bay even in my rocket is silly . 
just work structures the right way until there are enough fish around that guys only need a cell phone to find . 

a lot of satisfaction putting people on bass where others think there aren’t any . 

looking forward to a livie and top water bite down south . 

I remember reports back in the day when Al  tell a story would say the bass in rb was stupid fishing. Yeah nice guy. Don't ever recall him open information with tackle and Technique. When I ran my boat, do not remember the writer,I'd get the Asbury Park press on a Friday, but  it was great informative information complete with pictures,how to!

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

2 minutes ago, hunterbob1 said:

I remember reports back in the day when Al  tell a story would say the bass in rb was stupid fishing. Yeah nice guy. Don't ever recall him open information with tackle and Technique. When I ran my boat, do not remember the writer,I'd get the Asbury Park press on a Friday, but  it was great informative information complete with pictures,how to!

Was John Geiser  great writer . 
Al still gave a lot of info where fish were . 
but def was different then compared to today . 
todays electronics and charts showing structure can def add fish to the boat 

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

4 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

Was John Geiser  great writer . 
Al still gave a lot of info where fish were . 
but def was different then compared to today . 
todays electronics and charts showing structure can def add fish to the boat 

You definitely know your s*** Dan. Do you remember I think it was back in the '80s. Transition of Loran to GPS. Drove Captain's bunkers.

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

8 minutes ago, hunterbob1 said:

You definitely know your s*** Dan. Do you remember I think it was back in the '80s. Transition of Loran to GPS. Drove Captain's bunkers.

Lots guys used loran until mid 90’s .

some commercial guys actually still use those numbers and have them converted to their gps as loran points .

gps is WAY more accurate now since they made them remove intended deflection 

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

17 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

Lots guys used loran until mid 90’s .

some commercial guys actually still use those numbers and have them converted to their gps as loran points .

gps is WAY more accurate now since they made them remove intended deflection 

Who's they?

I know they are.

When I got my first GPS in the 90s, I put out an SOS to my waypoint got on the radio to a friend I knew was out there he said punch in the coordinates I did, he searched the area, he did his best to try to find me that never happened. I eventually got someone to help tow me in, Coast guard stop doing  it,lawyers and lawsuits 🖕before sea tow and boat us.

16 hours ago, hammer4reel said:

Headed out with Mike and Brandon to look for some stripers after work tonight .

figured with forecasted hard west their would be bait along the beach NADA .

so hit some lumps and they each got to fight a cow .

Brandons fish was 39 # , Mike’s was 43.

both swam for a few minutes for a nice healthy release .

headed back in earlier than expected when winds went hard south stacking up the seas quick .

comfortable ride home and cleaned up early .

62258323-0417-4265-ABEE-FF1F59AAF311.jpeg

86886C2D-613E-422F-8A69-4C8880E6ADEF.jpeg

Really nice, big fish. I miss going out front of Deal, SRI, S. Rocks, or the Thunderbird and find bass exploding on bunker. It isn't often you can go and catch 20 plus bass over 30 lbs anymore. I don't know if us fisherman led to their demise, as we kept many back then or fishing simply changed. Seems you have to cover many miles with bunker spoons to put together a consistent catch of big bass. Live lining big, ocean bass is my second favorite fishing after tuna. Hopefully with the new regs., things will go back to the old days. 

5 hours ago, nmc02 said:

Really nice, big fish. I miss going out front of Deal, SRI, S. Rocks, or the Thunderbird and find bass exploding on bunker. It isn't often you can go and catch 20 plus bass over 30 lbs anymore. I don't know if us fisherman led to their demise, as we kept many back then or fishing simply changed. Seems you have to cover many miles with bunker spoons to put together a consistent catch of big bass. Live lining big, ocean bass is my second favorite fishing after tuna. Hopefully with the new regs., things will go back to the old days. 

Lots of fish were killed in excess when fishing was incredible .

I had a pretty good following of CR guys that even decided they wanted to take fish every trip .

Chesapeake strain is hurting , it got so commercialized there with them killing big bass from Thanksgiving until the April 1 season closure , while they were stacked up waiting to enter tge bay to spawn .

their tournaments weren’t even getting eligible fish to weigh .

What made it came here and got crushed again .

‘There was no reason to have guys killing (3) 30 plus pound fish a night each .(3rd fish on a 2$ bonus tag )

doesn’t take  long to really hurt the fishery that way .

Also at the start there were very few boats nightly on those fish . In a matter of a few years there were hundreds out there a night .

Edited by hammer4reel

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

1 hour ago, hammer4reel said:

Lots of fish were killed in excess when fishing was incredible .

I had a pretty good following of CR guys that even decided they wanted to take fish every trip .

Chesapeake strain is hurting , it got so commercialized there with them killing big bass from Thanksgiving until the April 1 season closure , while they were stacked up waiting to enter tge bay to spawn .

their tournaments weren’t even getting eligible fish to weigh .

What made it came here and got crushed again .

‘There was no reason to have guys killing (3) 30 plus pound fish a night each .(3rd fish on a 2$ bonus tag )

doesn’t take  long yo really hurt the fishery that way .

Also at the start there were very few boats nightly on those fish . In a matter of a few years there were hundreds out there a night .

I agree about a fleet chasing them. I am definitely one of the offenders....use to keep 3 every trip. I use to do 15 or more days fishing for bass. None went to waste, but the fishery is nothing like it once was. It was insane. I still can't believe I never got a 50 lb bass....countless 45 plus. God punished me for keeping so many back then. If I ever get one, one day....would release for sure. I guess as you mature, it is less about the catch,  etc. Pass many deer today, that I would have shot 10 years ago. 

14 minutes ago, nmc02 said:

I agree about a fleet chasing them. I am definitely one of the offenders....use to keep 3 every trip. I use to do 15 or more days fishing for bass. None went to waste, but the fishery is nothing like it once was. It was insane. I still can't believe I never got a 50 lb bass....countless 45 plus. God punished me for keeping so many back then. If I ever get one, one day....would release for sure. I guess as you mature, it is less about the catch,  etc. Pass many deer today, that I would have shot 10 years ago. 

There is no doubt a progression in both fishing and hunting .

and everyone goes through it .

What made me want to protect the.bass fishery early on was  I got to hear a lot of hooting and hollering when people caught giant bass .

not once did I see the same  emphasis  on them as a meal .

stripers are def great table fare , but they don’t make you jump up and do a  happy dance eating them .

also found fares after releasing a fish and having that big broom tail splash them in the face as they dove away we’re just as excited with the release as the catch .

I always tried to get good pics if possible , as well as taking time to swim the fish along  the boat until they really wanted to pull away .,

.hopefully the new regs allow the fishery to rebuild , but IMO it should have changed  a few years sooner .

only time will tell

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING