IGNORED

Ribs in a bag

LPJR

Just now, Kype said:

you need to try my ribs.i dont like to brag but damn im getting good at them. all smoked over real wood. i have been smoking ribs once a week for 2 months to perfect them. and damn it, i have it done. and yes im proud lol. 

Guess what this guy is bringing to the next get together!  You're on the hook now.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

6 minutes ago, Haskell_Hunter said:

Guess what this guy is bringing to the next get together!  You're on the hook now.

you wouldnt believe it. im proud to say i have ribs down to a science. perfect. not fall off of bone. not tough. found the perfect bbq sauce,and my own dry rub. its to die for. and im proud of doing it. and it took 2 months, once  week to get it right. 

next task is brisket. thats gonna be fun.

Edited by Kype

57 minutes ago, Kype said:

you wouldnt believe it. im proud to say i have ribs down to a science. perfect. not fall off of bone. not tough. found the perfect bbq sauce,and my own dry rub. its to die for. and im proud of doing it. and it took 2 months, once  week to get it right. 

I got brisket mastered.  Everyone does it differently, I have the way I like it mastered.  Takes hours, but it's done when it's done.  Doesn't last long in my house.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

3 hours ago, Kype said:

I have a pretty good handle on smoked ribs too, but brisket is still a challenge for me.  I have yet to nail the bark and while keeping the flat juicy tender.   Ive made some great burnt ends, but I feel thats a little easier than the flat.  

31 minutes ago, Farmshine said:

I have a pretty good handle on smoked ribs too, but brisket is still a challenge for me.  I have yet to nail the bark and while keeping the flat juicy tender.   Ive made some great burnt ends, but I feel thats a little easier than the flat.  

For the bark heat the smoker up to 350°F for 30 minutes or put it on a grill for that long, indirect heat.  Then drop the temp down on the smoker to your smoking temp and continue.  When you hit the stall, wrap the brisket in foil and finish it.  The initial hot heat starts the bark and gets it going.  The wrap at the stall will hold all of the moisture in.  Bark will still be there, but it will be dripping moist.  Save the liquid and use as an au jus to pour on it.  Great on sandwiches the next day.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

13 hours ago, LPJR said:

1st time trying these. Wanted to do the smoker the last few days but had no time. Sorry Tim.....

Picked them up at Shop Rite today and they are unbelievable. Way too good not to make again and can't beat them for $10...

The butcher at S/R said they were able to be put in the oven right in the bag. Had to read again just to confirm ha! 

Resized_20210505_174445.jpeg

Resized_20210505_175948.jpeg

Resized_20210505_180336.jpeg

They do look good

21 hours ago, Haskell_Hunter said:

For the bark heat the smoker up to 350°F for 30 minutes or put it on a grill for that long, indirect heat.  Then drop the temp down on the smoker to your smoking temp and continue.  When you hit the stall, wrap the brisket in foil and finish it.  The initial hot heat starts the bark and gets it going.  The wrap at the stall will hold all of the moisture in.  Bark will still be there, but it will be dripping moist.  Save the liquid and use as an au jus to pour on it.  Great on sandwiches the next day.

Do you add any liquid?  I usually smoke 200-225 until 160 or so then wrap in butcher paper until 195-200 degrees.  I mean its good, but im pretty critical of myself.  I will try 350 for 30 minutes next time I do one.  I have a 15 pounder waiting.  

53 minutes ago, Farmshine said:

Do you add any liquid?  I usually smoke 200-225 until 160 or so then wrap in butcher paper until 195-200 degrees.  I mean its good, but im pretty critical of myself.  I will try 350 for 30 minutes next time I do one.  I have a 15 pounder waiting.  

I do not add any liquid. I use a dry rub and get a good coat on the brisket.  Wrap it in plastic wrap and put it in the fridge for 24 hours.

I wrap in foil at the same temp. But slightly warmer at 165°F.  I usually smoke between 11#-13#.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.