IGNORED

RV Service/Maintenance Recommendations

Integracingsr

I'm having some issues with my truck camper, specifically the Norcold refrigerator and some water pump pressure issues.  The fridge burner flame stays on full blast even once the fridge gets to temp.  The water pump issue is a lack of pressure when pumping from the tank.  I replaced the pump thinking this would resolve the issue but it remains.  The odd thing is that the pressure is excellent when it's in bypass mode and sucking up water from a jug.  I searched the lines for leaks and that isn't an issue as there are no leaks evident anywhere.  Needless to say, I'm stumped and ready to bring it to a professional.  All of the companies that I've found on Google (CampingWorld, Garick, Risco, Gerber) have terrible reviews when it comes to their service departments.  Does anyone here have a recommendation on someone they've used?   Thanks.

18 minutes ago, Integracingsr said:

I'm having some issues with my truck camper, specifically the Norcold refrigerator and some water pump pressure issues.  The fridge burner flame stays on full blast even once the fridge gets to temp.  The water pump issue is a lack of pressure when pumping from the tank.  I replaced the pump thinking this would resolve the issue but it remains.  The odd thing is that the pressure is excellent when it's in bypass mode and sucking up water from a jug.  I searched the lines for leaks and that isn't an issue as there are no leaks evident anywhere.  Needless to say, I'm stumped and ready to bring it to a professional.  All of the companies that I've found on Google (CampingWorld, Garick, Risco, Gerber) have terrible reviews when it comes to their service departments.  Does anyone here have a recommendation on someone they've used?   Thanks.

It sounds like your water tank developed negative pressure and the pump is struggling against it. I am no expert but there should be some kind of small pressure relief opening or valve that is clogged. 

The refrigerator burner flame is controlled by a thermocouple. I replaced mine a few years back. Was like 38 bucks and installs in minutes. The pump issue sounds like the tank may be air bound or has a leak at top. as per Lunatic.....negative pressure

2 hours ago, Haskell_Hunter said:

You might also have mineralization build-up in the water line or the line itself is clogged.  Have you tried snaking the line?

I haven’t tried snaking it. It’s 1/2” pec with a lot of 90s. Not sure what I’d fit through there. 

5 minutes ago, Integracingsr said:

I haven’t tried snaking it. It’s 1/2” pec with a lot of 90s. Not sure what I’d fit through there. 

https://www.justmanbrush.com/41-flexible-bent-tube-brush/?sku=710427&gclid=CjwKCAjwhMmEBhBwEiwAXwFoEQMlXxHLsgEuf4XSY4rjEnADUazXU3NpoTqMPKGUhHT_-m0tGfHMSBoCpi8QAvD_BwE

Something like that might help.  Or, even before you buy the brush, connect one end of the line to a hose and check the flow at the other end.  This will validate/eliminate if there is a clog in the line.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

2 hours ago, electric10162 said:

The refrigerator burner flame is controlled by a thermocouple. I replaced mine a few years back. Was like 38 bucks and installs in minutes. The pump issue sounds like the tank may be air bound or has a leak at top. as per Lunatic.....negative pressure

I’ll see if I can find one for it. Thanks.