IGNORED

Feral Cat colonies....negative impacts on wildlife

Bonefreak

28 minutes ago, mazzgolf said:

lol

I don't know how to read that -- either you mean (a) the cat lady saw you show up that day and hurriedly wisked her cat and colony housing off your property, or (b) you made the cat and his home "swim with the fishes"

The answer is yes!:happywave:

Ralph and Ed knew how to take care of Feral cats.
FB_IMG_1620240039487.jpg.1386daa0d40392adee92cf7327fce7d2.jpg
There was no pet ferals at that residence. Initially, I thought it had something to do with Susie's bear teachings. There was a diaper there too, bears love diapers!

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

In Barnegat light they have 20 of them living under the stores.  They feed them.  Meanwhile parts of the beach get shutdown to people because of the nesting plovers. The stores are 200 yards from these nests.  They truly believe the cats don't eat the plovers.  

I personally couldn't give a rats ass about the plovers but for the state to act like they care about the well being of a 2oz bird while sylvester is waiting until sundown to go get dinner.  Yeah right.  I've written to audobon society about it  and it fell on deaf ears.  

My uncle ( long since passed) had a property we rabbit hunted.  He "rolled" plenty of feral cats.  Lol. I was a kid so he didn't expect me to kill em.  Lol 

7 hours ago, Bonefreak said:

I have found a few of these feral cat colonies over the years where people feed and provide housing for cats....I imagine it could have a high negative impact on local wildlife populations from song birds to rabbits to maybe even turkey poults!

Wonder if NJ Fish and Wildlife address this issue?

D71DE759-3D06-4453-8EDA-FF567745242E.jpeg

This actually resembles a colony established on FT Dix that I had dismantled and put out standing instructions to check the area weekly and if the people who were establishing them were found they were to be arrested and charged with trespassing.  CAT FANATICS ARE A PIA. I do not dislike cats but I hate fanatics that think they can do what ever they want where ever they want and create these eye sores on land they do not own.

Edited by bushden

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL

We have 7 black feral cats at work . i caught them in a havahart trap when they were kittens.  brought to the town vet and he fixed them and said they were to wild to be adoptable. so they brought back and released them.  i see them killing birds , snakes, mice , etc. i feel bad them in the winter , they didn't want this life.  what's nice is some people feed them and they are not starving. if people would only spay and neuter their pets. 

One of the areas I hunt near my house has lots of cats. I guess people in surrounding areas feed and nurture them. I wouldn't hesitate to take some out but my friend is one of those feeding them and loves them. He would be pissed if he heard I killed some. 

47 minutes ago, archer36 said:

One of the areas I hunt near my house has lots of cats. I guess people in surrounding areas feed and nurture them. I wouldn't hesitate to take some out but my friend is one of those feeding them and loves them. He would be pissed if he heard I killed some. 

I would not shoot them but I would trap and turn them in for disposal. There is a fair amount of distemper in feral cats thats not good.

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL