Has anyone tested POSITIVE for Covid after full vaccination! CONDITION UPDATE 9 MAY 23:36 HRS

The vaccines are like 90-95% effective which means you can still get infected.  But, I've read they are 100% effective in stopping serious cases (which are defined as cases needing hospitalization).  So, you may get it...you may feel bad...but you should be fine.  

I got it two weeks after my first moderna shot. I only lost sense of smell for two days. no other symptoms. 

Its not impossible to get it they just say you should get a very mild case. For those saying you cannot guarantee that he will be ok , the odds are close to 99 percent , even when not vaccinated. I am not a conspiracy guy but do believe this was blown out of proportion for political, power and financial reasons.  Most people that are healthy have a mild cold that is a fact . 

1 hour ago, Buck154 said:

If you believe everything you read on the internet then you are going to die from thousands of other things too. Every topic will have positive and negative remarks. If you worry about what one person said on here then you are probably one of those people sitting home living in a bubble avoiding people. 

John, i live my life as normal as anybody. Being in rx I get to talk to doctors and nurses daily. I even had someone here that worled for J&J in Raritan who was giving covid vaccines. So a lot of info is first hand from professionals in the medical field. You always have to consider the source and angle of anything on the internet. 

But kust as Roon said this is a sore subject with him, it irks the hell out of me when someone deliberately makes a false statement as it pertains to this virus. Bit thanks for your input

15 hours ago, bushden said:

I  had both Moderna Shots last one on 18  March so I am fully vaccinated. I had close contact with someone 6 day ago who is positive and had a test yesterday and still waiting for results. I have no symptoms. HAS ANYONE HERE BEEN FULLY VACCINATED and then got Covid after full vaccination and if so how long after contact did you have symptoms IF ANY!!

Welp let me just say if I were you I would not worry myself about it a specially if you have no symptoms 

1 hour ago, Kype said:

i heard the shots are only good for six months. if thats the case, are you guys gonna get a shot every six months thats not even approved by the FDA?

You heard the shots were good for at least 6 months because they only had data for 6 months. They cant predict 7onths, 8 months, forever because we dont have that data yet.

10 hours ago, MGHunter66 said:

Idk but those that say others are spreading misinformation for some reason think their information is gospel. Seems to me they are as accurate as the CDC image.png.64e97a8310037091e6e36daae56cca2c.png

BINGO!! I think people who decided to get the vaccine desperately want to believe the vaccine is safe. But is it? Maybe it is or maybe it is not. Despite them telling us otherwise no one knows at this point what are the long term effects of this vaccine. Only time will tell so the big misinformation they are talking about are the never ending ads on the radio and TV telling us how safe the vaccine is. Ask yourself one question. With the pressure from all directions to get everyone vaccinated why isn't this vaccine approved yet? It isn't t approved because there is no data  showing the vaccine is safe. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Kype said:

i heard the shots are only good for six months. if thats the case, are you guys gonna get a shot every six months thats not even approved by the FDA?

They don't know how long the vaccine will be effective. How could they know. It was never tested long term

Edited by Lunatic

2 hours ago, bushden said:

Well thanks for all the  advice. I read all the CDC advice and was looking for some 1st hand experiences to see if there was anyone here that actually got the vaccine then got the virus afterward, there is not much information on that scenario.   Well I still have no symptoms 7 days after exposure so I guess the vaccine is doing what it was supposed to do.  Thanks for all the hands on information! Now its time to get back to finding another place to shoot a bird next week (not B week permit)

Have trust in the the vaccine, I could not have been closer to the infected person and we were together for hours and I am good. I trust I will stay that way.

CONSIDER GETTING VACCINATED FOR THE SAKE OF YOUR HIGH RISK FRIENDS AND FAMILY.

And to RON the poster just above this post. I am sorry you lost your father to COVID-19 I feel your pain, I lost some close friends and family members to covid-19 this year.  BOB C, BOB V, JIM Z, VINNEY T,  not to mention several others senior friends who also passed this year from illness other than COVID-19.

Enjoy the forum, share information and stop bickering with each other go out and shoot something, one day you will wake up look in a mirror and ask yourself when did I get so old. Life is short enjoy it.

Glad you're not showing any symptoms and hope you never do.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, bushden said:

Have trust in the the vaccine, I could not have been closer to the infected person and we were together for hours and I am good. I trust I will stay that way.

CONSIDER GETTING VACCINATED FOR THE SAKE OF YOUR HIGH RISK FRIENDS AND FAMILY.

Your statement is a contradiction. People with high risk are vaccinated and you are telling us the vaccine works even when exposed to the virus for hours.  Why then should anyone else have to get vaccinated to protect people in the high risk group? Isn't the vaccine doing it? 

Edited by Lunatic

BINGO!! I think people who decided to get the vaccine desperately want to believe the vaccine is safe. But is it? Maybe it is or maybe it is not. Despite them telling us otherwise no one knows at this point what are the long term effects of this vaccine. Only time will tell so the big misinformation they are talking about are the never ending ads on the radio and TV telling us how safe the vaccine is. Ask yourself one question. With the pressure from all directions to get everyone vaccinated why isn't this vaccine approved yet? It isn't t approved because there is no data  showing the vaccine is safe. 
The fear tactics the cdc is using is is quiet disgusting. Tv and radio warning us of the mutation of covid, if we dont get vaccinated we are all doomed. Where is the proof of the mutation? Instilling fear in the people. I see it as a smoke screen for the government's bullshit agenda.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

Why then should anyone else have to get vaccinated to protect people in the high risk group? Isn't the vaccine doing it? 

Ahhhhh the crux of it all. The push is because of just that... it is not a tried and true vaccine. It is actually not a vaccine at all according to the very definition. Even deadonshot admitted with only 6 months of data no one really knows what to expect. My feeling.... If you’re super high risk you may want to roll the dice and get the shot, but if not your choice should be just that... YOUR CHOICE. Those that want to push you to take an experimental drug have other demons under their cloak. If you can force people to take something that is not fully approved what can’t you force people to do..... nothing

1 minute ago, Codaboy said:

The fear tactics the cdc is using is is quiet disgusting. Tv and radio warning us of the mutation of covid, if we dont get vaccinated we are all doomed. Where is the proof of the mutation? Instilling fear in the people. I see it as a smoke screen for the government's bullshit agenda.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

The problem is they are willing to take collateral damage, (read people getting sick from vaccine's side effects), to get rid of the virus. If you don't see this part then your head is 6' deep in the sand.  

16 hours ago, bushden said:

I  had both Moderna Shots last one on 18  March so I am fully vaccinated. I had close contact with someone 6 day ago who is positive and had a test yesterday and still waiting for results. I have no symptoms. HAS ANYONE HERE BEEN FULLY VACCINATED and then got Covid after full vaccination and if so how long after contact did you have symptoms IF ANY!!

My whole department has been vaccinated and we spend most of the day in contact ( close contact ) with Covid patients. To date non have tested positive for the virus. The vaccine is not a panacea but should help diminish the effects of the virus should it be contracted a first or second time. I hope this helps to ease your fears. 

As I mentioned in a different thread. I indulged in White Castle last night after work. I'm sure that nothing viral or bacterial now lives inside of me.......:tooth: 

• bushden changed the title to Has anyone tested POSITIVE for Covid after full vaccination! CONDITION UPDATE 9 MAY 23:36 HRS