Any one work on hot water heaters

It's still under warranty but they are in no rush.  First I would only get hot water if I turned it off and on it wouldn't kick on by itself.  Call Rheem they said controll box and sent me a new one.  Put it in it worked 1 cycle than I was back to the same issue call again they said a technician would call, that was 3 days ago now it won't even ignight when I cycle it manually I'm going on 2 days without hot water I just called them and they transfer me to service wich is closed I'm sure it's just a sensor but I'm getting inpatient 

54 minutes ago, vdep217 said:

It's still under warranty but they are in no rush.  First I would only get hot water if I turned it off and on it wouldn't kick on by itself.  Call Rheem they said controll box and sent me a new one.  Put it in it worked 1 cycle than I was back to the same issue call again they said a technician would call, that was 3 days ago now it won't even ignight when I cycle it manually I'm going on 2 days without hot water I just called them and they transfer me to service wich is closed I'm sure it's just a sensor but I'm getting inpatient 

Did you take the bottom cover up to see if you have a pilot light?

21 minutes ago, ratherbhunting said:

Where did you get it from? Did you install it yourself? If it was me I would take it out and return it to where I got it from and get a new one. If you had someone else install it call them and have them warranty it.

Lowes or home Depot he can pound salt.

12 hours ago, vdep217 said:

Problem resolved.  Told me to return to home depot and got a new one

Yeah, that sucks too. I had a water heater installed at my In-Laws house years ago by a friend.  It was defective. The company said to remove it and bring it back to Home Depot and get another one. What a PIA. 

Better to have a Pro install it and warranty it. It may cost a little more but it would be his problem. 

7 minutes ago, archer36 said:

Yeah, that sucks too. I had a water heater installed at my In-Laws house years ago by a friend.  It was defective. The company said to remove it and bring it back to Home Depot and get another one. What a PIA. 

Better to have a Pro install it and warranty it. It may cost a little more but it would be his problem. 

When I put it in at first I made everything quick connect and put a y connection where the relief valve is going into a drain so in the event somthing like thus did happen it was easy

Just now, vdep217 said:

When I put it in at first I made everything quick connect and put a y connection where the relief valve is going into a drain so in the event somthing like thus did happen it was easy

Makes sense.

Just hauling it from HD to the house and then from the house back to HD was a PIA. 

1 minute ago, archer36 said:

Makes sense.

Just hauling it from HD to the house and then from the house back to HD was a PIA. 

Yea but better than waiting another 3 days for the part than thd contractor.  On the phone they told me any plumbing supply would have igniter.   I called 4 in my area all said they can't even get because it's a model specific for home depot

Posted (edited)
On 5/3/2021 at 6:20 PM, vdep217 said:

It sucks now when anything breaks. The delays are do to covid but I now suspect many companies use it as an excuse to take thair time. My washing machine took 2 months to fix, also under warranty. Good luck, I hope you get fixed quickly

Edited by Lunatic
12 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

It sucks now when anything breaks. The delays are do to covid but I now suspect many companies use it as an excuse to take thair time. My washing machine took 2 months to fix, also under warranty. Good luck, I hope you get fixed quickly

They authorized return and replacement .  I explained to them I can't wait I've already had 5 days without hot water and I have a 3 year old and one year old.

My dish washer also took a crap not in warranty bought one but won't be here till tommorow or Saturday