IGNORED

HH COVID Sympathy Thread

Haskell_Hunter

9 hours ago, not on the rug said:

My experience is literally the opposite of that.  I know a lot of relatives and co-workers, aged 55-80, who all had horrific side-effects for 2-5 days.  Fevers.  Chills.  Excruciating muscle aches.  Horrendous headaches.  The friends/family/coworkers under 40 who had the shots were basically fine.  Some said a low grade fever for a day or so and one had a little muscle soreness 

That is very different from what i am seeing/hearing.  I talk to people everyday since we do the vaccinations.  That is very interesting. Most of the people i talk with got pfizer since that is what we use. Are those older people you know modtly one vaccine or all three?

One of my coworkers, a man in his late 50s, got his 2nd shot on Friday and is apparently really sick still and not at work today.  I don't know which shot he got and what symptoms he is having.  I can get more info from him the next time I see him.  But 4 days later and too sick to come to work is definitely not good

1 hour ago, RPK0620 said:

HH which one did you get ? ?  My wife & I get our 2nd Pfizer on Thursday. 

Moderna.

I'm about 22 hours in now.  Woke up and the spot where they harpooned me hurts like a MFer.  I had a mild headache when I woke up which seems to have gone away.  I'm a bit sluggish, but that's it.

Looks like the vultures on this site ain't gettin' anything!

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

Officially 24 hours in now.  Of everyone in my family who got harpooned, I had the mildest symptoms.

It’s your own personal choice to get vaccinated or not.  I want to be able to teach in the fall, and I am assuming they want me vaccinated to do that.

I signed up to get it at CVS.  Very easy process.  20-25 minutes, you’re in, you’re out.  Two shots over four weeks.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

4 hours ago, Tarhunt said:

I had Pfizer and was pretty sick from both shots. I was hurting for several days afterwards. 

I thought i got lucky only getting nailed on the first shot. Got second pfizer shot saturday morning felt good until this morning i went to work but man was my ass dragging all day. My legs feel like they weigh 500 pounds each and aches that made me go wtf was that and wtf is this all day. 

10 minutes ago, hemlock said:

I thought i got lucky only getting nailed on the first shot. Got second pfizer shot saturday morning felt good until this morning i went to work but man was my ass dragging all day. My legs feel like they weigh 500 pounds each and aches that made me go wtf was that and wtf is this all day. 

I am dragging right now.  I’ll probably be asleep by 10PM.  Hopefully I wake up tomorrow, and I’m good to go.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.