IGNORED

heard a rumor today about the bear hunt.

hunt1940

Local hunting and fishing shop owner mentioned they are talking about having the bear hunt  this year just your not allowed to use bait . They are not killing the numbers they want with bait, why would they make it illegal to bait ? 

34 minutes ago, hunt1940 said:

Local hunting and fishing shop owner mentioned they are talking about having the bear hunt  this year just your not allowed to use bait . They are not killing the numbers they want with bait, why would they make it illegal to bait ? 

If true,  with the current administration I'm doubtful I would guess to have a season and appease those apposed to the hunt.  Mimic new York and PA bear seasons no bait but longer and not having a dedicated 2 weeks there is less likely to be protests.  With tge posted 2 weeks it's to much of a small window and weather can greatly effect harvest plus gives tge antis a target window for protests

7 minutes ago, Kype said:

because baiting isnt hunting:popcorn::stirring:

7 minutes ago, Kype said:

because baiting isnt hunting:popcorn::stirring:

I don’t bait deer, I would bear if I was hunting them and I don’t think baiting isn’t hunting. People who relied on hunting to survive baited animal for thousands of years. I would not say that wasn’t hunting. It’s just one way to do it. 
It could be they don’t want bears to associate people with food but most likely the politicians don’t want to to kill them and make an appearance there are no restrictions 

There [is a] may only be a season for black bears provided there is a valid comprehensive policy for the protection and propagation of black bear that has been approved by the Council and the Commissioner and adopted pursuant to the Administrative Procedure Act, N.J.S.A. 52:14B-1 et seq., rulemaking procedures, and the Council determines that this subchapter comports with such policy. In the absence of such policy, there shall be no season for black bears.

https://advance.lexis.com/documentpage/?pdmfid=1000516&crid=db17cd8d-a87c-45d7-9bdf-e1da5e968cff&config=025154JABiMmFjYzAxMy1hNjIyLTQ0YTctOTY0NS1iOGNlMTRiYzBkNGQKAFBvZENhdGFsb2flnvGwky16hNN9rcMfcun6&pddocfullpath=%2fshared%2fdocument%2fadministrative-codes%2furn%3acontentItem%3a60X8-8D61-JS0R-207H-00008-00&pdcontentcomponentid=234140&pdteaserkey=sr2&pditab=allpods&ecomp=L5w_kkk&earg=sr2&prid=1dc71652-021c-4349-bd50-31963f8ee0e8

The rules proposed in today’s New Jersey Register are subject to a 60-day comment period. Pending the public comment process, the current Comprehensive Black Bear Management Policy will be removed from the Game Code, which means that no bear hunt may proceed unless and until a new Policy is adopted.

https://nj.gov/governor/news/news/562020/approved/20201005a.shtml

It looks like the amended statute will ban baiting for bears.  Bird feeders aren't going to like the statute either!

(3) a birdfeeder maintained between the dates of April 1 and November 30, provided that:

(a)   the birdfeeder is suspended on a cable or other device at least 10 feet above the ground;

(b)   the area below the birdfeeder is kept free from bird food, bird food debris, or any item that may be construed as bird food;

(c)   the bird feeder is emptied or brought indoors every night; and

(d)   if a bear gains access to the bird feeder, the condition allowing access shall be corrected or the bird feeder removed within 48 hours;

(4)   the placement of food at a shelter or pound licensed by the Department of Health or a municipally approved managed cat colony, provided that any uneaten food is removed every night;

(5)   the feeding of companion animals, provided that any uneaten food is removed every night; and

(6)   any action by federal, State, or local authorities that requires feeding, baiting, or luring of wildlife for management or scientific purpose .

Dictator Murphy fully plans to stop this years hunt. He has told Fish and Game he will stop all hunting if they move forward with a bear hunt. The way he can do this is when the new 2 year management proposal gets approved he will refuse to sign it. That means all hunting will not be allowed because the laws are not legal without his signature. This info comes straight from the farmers representative on the Council. 

So he's basically going to shirk his responsibility as Governor by refusing to sign the management proposal that manages ALL wildlife in the state, just to placate environmental terrorists (aka the bear hugger groups)? Nice.

17 minutes ago, Rather Be Hunting said:

Dictator Murphy fully plans to stop this years hunt. He has told Fish and Game he will stop all hunting if they move forward with a bear hunt. The way he can do this is when the new 2 year management proposal gets approved he will refuse to sign it. That means all hunting will not be allowed because the laws are not legal without his signature. This info comes straight from the farmers representative on the Council. 

I say call his bluff .

‘it’s an election year 

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/