IGNORED

Wild browns with commitment issues ...

flukebelly

Fished my favorite wild brown stream today and played games all day with the little bastards. Water was low and clear putting a lot of fish on high alert. You got one cast in each pocket and it was either fish on or fish gone ! Had dozens of chases and a few fish went airborne and threw the spinner as soon as they felt it; finished with 6 actual catches. Saw a few beautiful bigger fish, but no takers. If the wind ever dies down, i might do a complete 180 and head down to the manasquan to chase giant gators.

736B57D3-B03E-4265-8213-6B0216A2B32B.jpeg

D4616587-C566-4822-BB9A-7DABDD90641F.jpeg

86E6300D-5D53-444B-B578-8ED08B2FF55B.jpeg

F9AEFE30-3D79-418B-A78D-0F965BEF953E.jpeg

12673DCB-85A1-41BC-8D64-57DFF1A0EE4D.jpeg

2 hours ago, hemlock said:

Awesome fluke belly love the looks of that creek. I was out yesterday that was insane wind and today was windy too when i went. I managed only one pretty brown . Always like checking out brown trout threads.

IMG_5865.JPG

Yup, its a great little creek. Each bend has exactly What you want...a cut under a big root ball of an overhanging tree. Plus there are plenty of undercut banks and small seams under lots of shade.

44 minutes ago, jerseyducker said:

beautiful looking creek and nice fish, would be a perfect 3 weight rod creek. as far as the Blues goes at the shore, i live at the shore, was a blast while it lasted but water is now brown from all the sand and wind, give it a few days to settle out. 

Yup, great stream for hoppers and cricket imitations in a month or so. 

My parents live 10 minutes from the inlet so i call my dad for reports before heading down. The report today was 30 mph gusts....again.