IGNORED

Is there a cell phone app for NJ Woods and Water ?

Is there a cell phone app for NJWW and if so where can you download it from I checked apple and did not see one there. If not we sure could use one.

Edited by bushden

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL

28 minutes ago, bushden said:

Is there a cell phone app for NJWW and if so where can you download it from I checked apple and did not see one there. If not we sure could use one.

Add to home screen.

Edited by hunterbob1

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

There isn't currently one.  The forum software company is working on one.

The issues around it were discussed here when the responsive theme was adopted:

You can add a browser shortcut to your Home Screen on iPhone, iPad, etc which will look like an app on your phone and give you a single push icon to navigate to NJW&W by following what was discussed here in that same topic:

45 minutes ago, yoda4x4 said:

Apps are nice but I prefer to view this site using Tapatalk. For the most part, it works really well.

David

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

I understand it's convenient, but there are a few issues with Tapatalk

1. It is limited to forums, you don't see the rest of the site content.  This is something I give a lot of consideration to when doing things like having Classifieds and Contests in the forums.  It's far more optimal and robust to put these outside of forums to have better automation, calculations, sign up forms, buyer/seller info, etc but then Tapatalk users can't see any of it   So it becomes a very involved manual process of posting and updating scores by hand, moving things around, etc.  ie Tapatalk usage is inherently limiting the site and other users experiences, at some point I may have to build more things outside forums and Tapatalk users won't see them, they'll be limited forum posts/content as they are now based on Tapatalk's app design.

2. Images you upload via Tapatalk are on the Tapatalk servers rather than the site's.  Good for site storage cost but bad if Tapatalk decides to take their ball and go home.  All of your posted image content goes with it. 

3.  Tapatalk gets the great majority of the ad revenue (site literally gets pennies).  

4. When things don't work on Tapatalk, it's often a Tapatalk issue that I can't help resolve, you're bound by their app and them updating it. 

The apps are more cell phone friendly. Some text on the site when viewed on the phone are not readable. The apps usually compensate for some of that and are easier to read. Both work, I just prefer an app.

HONOR THE FALLEN
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL

1 minute ago, bushden said:

The apps are more cell phone friendly. Some text on the site when viewed on the phone are not readable. The apps usually compensate for some of that and are easier to read. Both work, I just prefer an app.

Are you set to desktop or responsive?

AWM

50 minutes ago, bushden said:

If you have an example please post it I might be able to correct it

4 hours ago, MGHunter66 said:

Are you set to desktop or responsive?

IDK How do I tell?

HONOR THE FALLEN