IGNORED

Jeeps

the truth

29 minutes ago, Greybeard said:

He didn't talk about it until in his 90's, but it's written on some pics and he saved newspaper articles.  I know off hand he was in Belgium, France, Hinsdorf Germany.  Fought in 3 campaigns including battle of the bulge, and was part of 65 men that went straight through the German lines, under a bluff the army was coming behind them, to meet up with the Russians and bring an officer back for intel, capturing 250,000 Germans including SS along the way.  I have a few readers digests from 1946 that has that story in it.

Too bad you don't have the pics.  I would have been glad to go through them and restored any that were in bad shape for you.

That's great. They were incredible men. My old man made it from Tunisia to Germany having a few tanks blown from beneath him. He also only talked with me about it at the end of his life. Funny thing was he said he was never afraid to die, it was getting maimed that scared the hell out of him.   

22 minutes ago, MRMCR said:

I have a lot of WW II items.......many times families just dont want them and are happy to give them to someone who appreciates it......from pictures , to medals, to uniforms....helmets......war booty....even some WAC stuff.......quite a lot of collectors out there.....

A long time ago I worked with a guy whose Dad fought in WW2. He invited me over to see his Dad's collection of things he brought home. He fought in the Pacific. He had some battle flags, helmets, swords which were really cool. He also had his Garand and a few Japanese bolt action rifles and a pistol. The Japanese  guns looked as if they were from the 19th century. Amazing they did so much with that type of equipment. 

I don't know about the rest of you Keep guys, but I've come to the conclusion that unless you put good sized tires and a little bit of a lift on one, they look like crap. Without it, they are extremely top heavy looking and just don't look right.

I will say this one other thing... The old Jeep Scramblers were awesome looking; the new Gladiators are nice but not as nice.

David

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Kype said:

i think jeeps are cool. i somewhat wouldnt mind having one but i use my truck bed for so many things i cant see my self spending the money for a vehichle without a bed. 

I have an f150 too for work and commuting. My wife is actually the one that talked me into buying the Jeep. Glad she did cause the kids really enjoy it. Nothing like cruising with the doors and top off blasting some tunes. Closest thing to a motorcycle I can get 

59 minutes ago, NJREALTOR said:

Just picked up a Grand Cherokee from Rossi in Washington, for work and play...check out the plate they gave me. I had nothing to do with it

AF06E6AB-752E-4207-AA77-E3FD078CCDCC.jpeg

DFAC6E91-0B66-4DD5-8572-28D2ADEB8495.jpeg

Congratulations on your new ride. I know of a few guys that bought from them over the years. Happy with them they get good service. The one guy I know has some kind of extended service warranty plan insurance. He was having mechanical issues codes coming up or the trans not working right just before the big snow storm. He went to the dealership and they said he is transmission needed to be replaced. 2013 gmc canyon,96,00 miles.It took a couple weeks they had to wait for the insurance guy which gave him an okay put in a new one. They gave him an all-wheel drive 2020 courtesy vehicle at no charge,Trans and labor. No charge. By the way if he's still there Ken Beam works in the front offices.

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

14 hours ago, OldMenRule said:

A long time ago I worked with a guy whose Dad fought in WW2. He invited me over to see his Dad's collection of things he brought home. He fought in the Pacific. He had some battle flags, helmets, swords which were really cool. He also had his Garand and a few Japanese bolt action rifles and a pistol. The Japanese  guns looked as if they were from the 19th century. Amazing they did so much with that type of equipment. 

Most japanese rifles dont sell for much.....  Ive seen a few and have passed on them....and the funny thing is I see more Nazi helmets than American hemets.......I think  a lot of GI's kids played with their helmets after the War.......

ESTATESALESBYOLGA.COM    ALWAYS BUYING ANTIQUE AND VINTAGE ITEMS  CALL 908 868 8236 MIKE

21 minutes ago, MRMCR said:

Most japanese rifles dont sell for much.....  Ive seen a few and have passed on them....and the funny thing is I see more Nazi helmets than American hemets.......I think  a lot of GI's kids played with their helmets after the War.......

The old man sent a Nazi flag home which his Mom used to repair a chair or something like that. He said he sent a whole lot of things home most of which my grandmother sold. 

32 minutes ago, MRMCR said:

I have a German helmet, Nazi flags and arm bands.  Lot of the American gear wasn't allowed to be taken home.  My Father had 7 lugers, but was only allowed to keep 1.  Guys were taking stuff apart and sending them home in pieces.

11 hours ago, B B said:

Had a YJ and sold it... later regretted it.  Got a 2000 TJ and yet again sold it and regretted it.  Great for doing what I do.  Removed back seat and had plenty of room for whatever season it was.  Starting to look for #3.  I'll never learn.

IMG_0212.jpg.c09962f5bf76b88278a67edaf5457850.jpg

IMG_0806.jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg

IMG_0243.jpg

IMG_1070.jpeg

Wondered what happened to that