Turkey-'21 Opening Day Check In here

LPJR

He said he got there at 2am. He said he now has killed birds in 48 of 50 states. He asked me if I was going to hunt there tomorrow and I was like "are you hunting? didn't you kill your bird?" and he said it was "one per permit". I didn't ask anymore questions but that would mean he'd have two z14 A week permits which I didn't think possible for me, let alone an out of stater. 

I was actually happy for him until about noon today. Then I was just bummed out. I scouted a ton. 

5 minutes ago, inletmike said:

He said he got there at 2am. He said he now has killed birds in 48 of 50 states. He asked me if I was going to hunt there tomorrow and I was like "are you hunting? didn't you kill your bird?" and he said it was "one per permit". I didn't ask anymore questions but that would mean he'd have two z14 A week permits which I didn't think possible for me, let alone an out of stater. 

I was actually happy for him until about noon today. Then I was just bummed out. I scouted a ton. 

Well,I  hope you get the 2nd Tom out of that area

19 minutes ago, inletmike said:

Absolutely possible to get 2 zone 14a permits just not easy he prob got 1 in lotto than 1 over counter 

3 hours ago, hunterbob1 said:

So you have gobblers there. You have four more weeks of season. I don't know how much time you have to pursue the bird work-wise family wise  or permit wise or turkey hunting wise. I personally would have held my ass tight. A couple yelps they pinpointed you, do not over call!!.. they may have been on their way to you they're very known to come in quiet. It could take an hour be still,be patient!.. good luck tomorrow 👍

Oh for sure hopes are up I know they're there, its the game we all play. Listening to them gobble their brains out a couple mornings last week was in the back of my mind lol.

I left cause I found a different bird last night in an area close by wanted to see if old boy was willing to talk - nada. I returned to the area I started and sat for awhile slow walked through found sign, learned a couple things hoping to apply that to tomorrow.

5 hours ago, inletmike said:

Z14 Pulled up into my spot at 3:55 and of course there was a truck already there. Heard his shot at 5:48am.  Plan B didn't pan out and went mobile around 7. 

Met the guy who killed the tom - he was from Kentucky. 

Unreal. 

This makes me appreciate that I walk to my hunting spot! 

7 hours ago, inletmike said:

Z14 Pulled up into my spot at 3:55 and of course there was a truck already there. Heard his shot at 5:48am.  Plan B didn't pan out and went mobile around 7. 

Met the guy who killed the tom - he was from Kentucky. 

Unreal. 

I counted at least 9 Pa license plates at different WMAs today. I wish they would give us a week of Resident hunting only. Other than that, my day pretty much sucked. Set up above birds that were gobbling, there were 2 guys below me a ways on the flats, one guy I knew the other I didn't (Pa license plate). I knew I was hard pressed to get those birds to come up the hill, started with some yelping and cutting, they seemed to be getting closer but they turned and went to the guys on the flats. The guy I know ended up killing a Tom. The rest of the morning I didn't hear or see anything else. Covered the whole property, did minimal calling,nothing.

7 hours ago, DBuck said:

I counted at least 9 Pa license plates at different WMAs today. I wish they would give us a week of Resident hunting only. Other than that, my day pretty much sucked. Set up above birds that were gobbling, there were 2 guys below me a ways on the flats, one guy I knew the other I didn't (Pa license plate). I knew I was hard pressed to get those birds to come up the hill, started with some yelping and cutting, they seemed to be getting closer but they turned and went to the guys on the flats. The guy I know ended up killing a Tom. The rest of the morning I didn't hear or see anything else. Covered the whole property, did minimal calling,nothing.

Suppose pa Or ny did that....wouldnt be so great

7 hours ago, DBuck said:

You’d probably just wind up with 9 additional NJ license plates.