IGNORED

the farthest most downstream on the musky

Kype

i do great fishing all over the musky. but damn it everytime i fish the end of the musky (where it dumps into the deleware) i get skunked. and on top of it the water looks great down there. deep, fast moving runs and not even a bump. all i got today was being attacked by a freakin goose. damn things. 

anyone ever do good fishing there? i would figure other species of fish would be in there as well. nothing. threw everything. i have now spin fished and fly fished that section about 6 times and nothing to show for it. as soon as i move back upstream a couple miles its good fishing again. i dont get it. 

You're not alone I guess things haven't changed there over the decades. I tried probably half a dozen times beautiful looking spot quiet,calm deep. Nothing, no signs of life.Odd.

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

1 hour ago, hunterbob1 said:

You're not alone I guess things haven't changed there over the decades. I tried probably half a dozen times beautiful looking spot quiet,calm deep. Nothing, no signs of life.Odd.

it is strange. the water is great. long deep runs. maybe esox is sitting in those deep runs. :hmmmer:

1 hour ago, Kype said:

i do great fishing all over the musky. but damn it everytime i fish the end of the musky (where it dumps into the deleware) i get skunked. and on top of it the water looks great down there. deep, fast moving runs and not even a bump. all i got today was being attacked by a freakin goose. damn things. 

anyone ever do good fishing there? i would figure other species of fish would be in there as well. nothing. threw everything. i have now spin fished and fly fished that section about 6 times and nothing to show for it. as soon as i move back upstream a couple miles its good fishing again. i dont get it. 

1 hour ago, Kype said:

Despite the great looking habitat,  i get the feeling the trout in the immediate proximity of the delaware prefer the water temps and the forage in the Delaware this time of year. Im sure this preference reverses once the big d warms substantially in the summer, where the musky is staying cool. I myself have had minimal success in that area, when fishing for trout anyway. 

6 minutes ago, Haskell_Hunter said:

@Bucksnbows might have some good intel for you.  I know he knows that river pretty well.

Yes I'd be curious it's like a dead zone of course I had my polarized glasses on but didn't even see a minnow I fixed it at dawn and I fixed it at dusk I've thrown spinners nightcrawlers mealworms never even seen a minnow. That's about to be in the magazine weird New Jersey. My savior  for the day Van campens Brook.

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

I fished it a few times over the years and did well, its a hit or miss type of spot, when they stocked on Fridays your best bet were Saturday's. Like others have said I think they all end up in the Big D in a couple of days after stocking:up:

42 minutes ago, hemlock said:

I would hit that up at dusk into the dark  and see if walleye are in that section .

very possible. i wasnt only tossing trout lures. was throwing other lures, you could be right. maybe next time ill start fishing an hour before sunset. the water looks to good not to hold anything. makes no sense. or less the fish are constantly in and out of the big D. you would figure something would stay and try to keep moving up stream

I only fished it twice over the years and close to the Delaware was a skunk......up above a ways was always pretty good........

ESTATESALESBYOLGA.COM    ALWAYS BUYING ANTIQUE AND VINTAGE ITEMS  CALL 908 868 8236 MIKE