IGNORED

Shad Tournament Day 1

Farmshine

probably should have put the waders on this morning but opted to take boat to my #1 historical spot N of Bushkill.  Tried every honey hole / funnel / pinch point where I have caught a shad nearly every minute this time of year in these exact conditions, and sonar scanned over 1.5 miles of river and could not mark a single fish.  Went back south by Shawnee by 11, scouted around, saw 3 or 4 shad swimming in shallow water no current where I would never fish, marked nothing else in that entire section then just opted to sit it out in a very narrow funnel to scratch out two.  One made the contest board today at 4th, my buddy reeled it in.   Small shad to me at 4.785 lbs but that is the pathetic state of the current shad run.   Perhaps worst I have ever seen in over 40 years. 

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

3 minutes ago, JHbowhunter said:

probably should have put the waders on this morning but opted to take boat to my #1 historical spot N of Bushkill.  Tried every honey hole / funnel / pinch point where I have caught a shad nearly every minute this time of year in these exact conditions, and sonar scanned over 1.5 miles of river and could not mark a single fish.  Went back south by Shawnee by 11, scouted around, saw 3 or 4 shad swimming in shallow water no current where I would never fish, marked nothing else in that entire section then just opted to sit it out in a very narrow funnel to scratch out two.  One made the contest board today at 4th, my buddy reeled it in.   Small shad to me at 4.785 lbs but that is the pathetic state of the current shad run.   Perhaps worst I have ever seen in over 40 years. 

Yeah it’s pretty bad I told John, today will probably be my last for the season unless something really changes. South sucks as bad as north, few in the middle from what I hear, I was thankful for the 4 and I know many didn’t have a hit

3 minutes ago, rgw said:

Yeah it’s pretty bad I told John, today will probably be my last for the season unless something really changes. South sucks as bad as north, few in the middle from what I hear, I was thankful for the 4 and I know many didn’t have a hit

I am about done myself.   Maybe go for stripers until fluke season opens.   Will still wade for shad here and there. 

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

Day 3
Started great. Warm air clear low water. Bright sun. Saw 2 eagles On a perch at our spot. I don’t care how many eagles I see every one is like the first one. So magnificent. My sons lacrosse game got canceled so he was on the boat which was awesome. But he wasn’t registered In the tournament because I didn’t expect he would be able to fish. So anything we caught was not eligible for the tournament. It was probably the least successful day Shad fishing day I ever had under these near perfect conditions. Highlight was my son boating a 4.51 pound roe which would be leading the 12-15 division. My bad I will never not register my kids again but either way he had fun.
cd06e80df1c97afc33a673e395d5d3c8.jpg
I still can’t understand how bad the fishing was. I mean nobody was catching fish. That’s Shad fishing I guess. We caught way more on Thursday in 45 degree weather with a still NW mind in higher water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk