IGNORED

Lost or broken fishing rods & reels

Me and wife years ago dinner at Bahrs Atlantic Highland,  we take ride past party boats as we round the corner there are 3 poles hanging from the tree branches,  all penn power sticks, penn reels, assuming it was in truck rod holders , got snagged on tree, driver never realized it.  Went to local baitstore, gave my name number to store if any comes looking,  never heard from anyone.  Happy birthday to me

Don’t even want to think about the rods I have broke :rant:.

‘most on the hook set on big tog , another swinging a 30 pound bass on the fisherman .

lost one fluking that flew out of my hand like a rocket on a hard snag .

for that reason I put a cap on my rod purchases at 200 bucks .

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

I threw a Diawa Saltist 30 with matching  rod out of the boat one night, I had a 3 ounce weight and bunker chunk on, loaded up for the cast but forgot to put the reel  in free spool, the momentum from the weight and chunk pulled the slippery rod out of my hands. Nobody noticed what happened until they saw me sitting on the gunnel with no rod, we laughed our asses off:doh2:

Few years ago I was on a seahunter flukeing with my  Favorite rod  Lamaglas treflex top with shimano  Calcutta I want to set the hook on the fish and rod flew out of my hands out a few bad words to say to myself I want the cabin A few minutes later the   Mate comes in With my rod Someone was yelling for the Net fish on any figured it was the  my rod all my boat rods have a custom made lanyard on them So that i never lose a rod overboard

9 hours ago, Buck154 said:

Fluking many years ago I hooked a 7'G-Loomis Crankbait rod with a Penn International 965 on it. Wasn't in there long as nothing was growing on it. Took the reel apart and cleaned and greased it. Used the reel for few years. Still used the the rod all the time.  

I'll take my Rod back  John,  thanks for finding it.

Lost à homemade custom stick and à penn 920 on a hard sang in the Shrewesbury river. That sucked.

Edited by Zipper

"All men die, not all men really live". WW

12 hours ago, Codaboy said:

Two seasons ago. I had a custom wraped united composits zeuse 276 go over with a penn 975ld. Was seabass fishing on the golf trade. I did not put rod deep enough into rod holder. While going to back of boat to put a keeper in the box over she went. What killes me the most is ponytail mike from grumpys designed that blank, so it was a blacklabel blank exclusive to grumpys b&t. And mike has now been gone 4 years to liver cancer. Hope your resting easy old buddy!

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

My buddy has a rod that was built by ponytail mike and that thing has taking an absolute beating for what’s gotta be 10 Plus years now and it’s still putting a hurting on fish. Tom “grumpy” and mike helped me out when I first got into fishing, i still have one of thier “wooden nickels” they gave me when I weighed in my first keeper Striper. Sorry to go off topic 

Broke the tip off of a Sage fly rod in the car door.......slipped going up a bank and fell on a spinning reel and broke the bail..........

ESTATESALESBYOLGA.COM    ALWAYS BUYING ANTIQUE AND VINTAGE ITEMS  CALL 908 868 8236 MIKE

You have to look at other hunting and fishing items the same way. Knives being one. How many people left their knife on the ground after gutting out a deer? If you hunt private land and remember where you gutted the deer, you could recover it. Even on private land, if you left it in the dark and don't remember it was left behind until the next time you need it, it may be hard to remember exactly where it was (gut pile is gone). On public land it's less probable you will recover it weeks later. I stopped using expensive knives, especially ones with camo, black, or brown handles. I use up all my cheap, free knives that I got from Magazine subscriptions. I spray paint all my knives handles florescent orange so it's visible laying on the ground.  Less likely you will overlook it. 

image.thumb.png.87f00f161fe3a90910f66b368acc4ece.png

Edited by archer36

My buddy has a rod that was built by ponytail mike and that thing has taking an absolute beating for what’s gotta be 10 Plus years now and it’s still putting a hurting on fish. Tom “grumpy” and mike helped me out when I first got into fishing, i still have one of thier “wooden nickels” they gave me when I weighed in my first keeper Striper. Sorry to go off topic 

Great mories.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Ironic how this post came up...

cuz I was just telling my boy a story of when I was about 10 yrs old my best pals dad was carrying all out gear deep into Allaire St park on opening day of trout fishin and he snapped the tip of my prized, golden blank, Alpha Shakespeare pole. 

I was crushed. Tears on opening day and it wasn’t even 8 AM start yet!

my pals dad felt horrible and we still talk about it to this day!!

bonus pic....my teen w a rainbow

83DCA94E-1B12-4941-AB01-B162F27546D3.jpeg

Edited by Bonefreak