Favorite Pellet grill/smoker recipe?

One of my families favorites that I do on my pellet grill/smoker is a sauerkraut and pork loin dish. Put 2 cans of kraut in a baking dish, I like to drain it first. Mix in a couple of diced apples. Rub the loin with your favorite rub, and place on top of the kraut. Sprinkle it with some brown sugar, and smoke for about 3 hours at 250 or until done. I have used pears instead of apples on occasion and they are both delicious. Try it, you'll be surprised how good it is!

Chickens are great if you spatchcock them first. Plenty of videos on youtube and very easy to do.  Then its just your favorite rub. I let it sit over night in the fridge, then in the smoker at 235 usually around 2-3hrs but trust your thermometer. Once it gets within 10degrees of final temp i raise the heat to 4-500 depending on how high your smoker goes and finish the skin. It's a reverse sear that you can do in the oven if your smoker doesn't go that high.  I've also brined them with great success too.

If this is your first smoke you can't go wrong with pork shoulder as its very forgiving. 

Edited by allmann

I like it all.  But I did a pork but on Saturday.  Smoked for about 10 hours at 250.  Used Apple and cherry wood.  Had a nice rub on it that had salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, chilli powder,  paprika and brown sugar.  Did my sprays with a mix of apple cider vinegar/water/apple juice.  Came out great now I have a ton of leftover.  Thinking pork tacos.  

2CABB438-863B-434A-BCD5-8478D48969E5.jpeg