IGNORED

Broke in new 22 250

B B

I'm surprised you didn't get an exit on either.  I load 55 vmax for my 22-250's and my 223's and the few woodchuck I've shot with that bullet from the 22-250 made a mess.  I'm not loading it real hot either so it wouldn't be any faster than they typical factory load.  I wouldn't think the 5 grains would make much difference.

12 hours ago, beaverman said:

I'm surprised you didn't get an exit on either.  I load 55 vmax for my 22-250's and my 223's and the few woodchuck I've shot with that bullet from the 22-250 made a mess.  I'm not loading it real hot either so it wouldn't be any faster than they typical factory load.  I wouldn't think the 5 grains would make much difference.

I was just as surprised, but then again I never used them.  I remember a few years ago a buddy who shoots a lotta hogs told me he loves them in .223 cause if he misses and hits a blade of grass the bullet desinarrates :laughing:

First pic is the one I shot on the lime mound.  POI was neck area so relatively soft area.  Small entrance no exit.  Second pic POI was just below chin and as you can see no exit on back side.  Actually had to put forth an effort to find POI.  No mess till my pup got a hold of him.

Fun gun to shoot and basically got it for free with gift cards and Cabelas points.  looking forward to the fields getting sprayed/plowed so I can see them with some distance between us.

Edited by B B