IGNORED

? For the classic car guys

hammer4reel

Been looking at a lot of different cars from late 60’s early 70’s.

99% are all automatics .

I honestly only remember a few guys having automatics then , we all had stick shifts then .

‘What happened that there are so many more autos available than stick shifts ?

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

38 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

Been looking at a lot of different cars from late 60’s early 70’s.

99% are all automatics .

I honestly only remember a few guys having automatics then , we all had stick shifts then .

‘What happened that there are so many more autos available than stick shifts ?

What are you looking for Dan?

33 minutes ago, Jerzguy2 said:

The sticks are in collections or were wrecked !

Probably true.  

Nowadays you can barely buy any cars in manual.  People are too lazy or too dumb to learn how to drive a stick 

Probably true.  
Nowadays you can barely buy any cars in manual.  People are too lazy or too dumb to learn how to drive a stick 

It’s hard enough holding your beer and texting while driving, I can’t imagine adding shifting to that.
In all seriousness the majority of the people I work with under 30 years old have never operated a manual transmission.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not only is tough finding a four speed muscle car, there is a ton of made over junk out there.  And you have to take out a home equity loan to buy one. Most are 35K plus. Is the muscle car market and hobby about to collapse? With more cars being restored every year, and with many of the visitors who attend cruise nites having silver colored hair. Who will be buying these cars in ten years? Sure, there will always be a market for the specialty cars such as the the Shelby Mustangs and Hemi powered Mopars. Will the younger generation have an interest in cars from the 1960-70's? Or will they be shopping for low milage Hondas and BMW's from the 1990's that they always wanted when they were in their teens? The owners of vintage corvettes C-1 and C-2 (1953-1967) are mostly in their late 60's or older.

What has happened to the attendance at Spring Englishtown? I went there two years ago and it was a tiny fraction in size of what it was for years! It used to take all day to walk through it- two years ago I walked through it in 30 minutes! Where did all the vendors and visitors go? Is the classic car scene already in trouble!

35 minutes ago, trapoholic said:

Not only is tough finding a four speed muscle car, there is a ton of made over junk out there.  And you have to take out a home equity loan to buy one. Most are 35K plus. Is the muscle car market and hobby about to collapse? With more cars being restored every year, and with many of the visitors who attend cruise nites having silver colored hair. Who will be buying these cars in ten years? Sure, there will always be a market for the specialty cars such as the the Shelby Mustangs and Hemi powered Mopars. Will the younger generation have an interest in cars from the 1960-70's? Or will they be shopping for low milage Hondas and BMW's from the 1990's that they always wanted when they were in their teens? The owners of vintage corvettes C-1 and C-2 (1953-1967) are mostly in their late 60's or older.

What has happened to the attendance at Spring Englishtown? I went there two years ago and it was a tiny fraction in size of what it was for years! It used to take all day to walk through it- two years ago I walked through it in 30 minutes! Where did all the vendors and visitors go? Is the classic car scene already in trouble!

I've always said that the muscle car market will collapse someday. I have two classic cars and my kids show no interest in them and one is a mechanic.

"The Nation Which Forgets Its Defenders, Will Itself Be Forgotten".

14 minutes ago, 10deer said:

im hidding one in my garagefoe my 73 cuda 4 speedstick

IMG_1703.jpg

Come on Tommy don't be so humble I've been to your house I've seen it, show the pics of her build!

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

I have the option now to buy a original owner, original paint, documented, true SS 396 4 Speed Convertible 1972 Chevelle from a family member who is about to list it on a on-line auction. Its is not the quility of a car that you would see in Jay Leno's collection, but it is a true survivor. But, I am seriously thinking if this is a good investment at this time.