IGNORED

NJFG Hard at work

hammer4reel

All it takes is a phone call ..

Good work by those involved .

As anglers take advantage of the ongoing striped bass run, New Jersey’s Conservation Police Officers have been busy enforcing the size and creel limits for this popular game fish. Calls to the 877-WARN-DEP line concerning violations have directed the officers’ attention to individuals whose illegal activities did not go unnoticed by law-abiding sportsmen and women. The officers have also been checking in on past trouble spots. 
Between April 8 and April 11, Conservation Police Officer Robert Driscoll and Lieutenant Joseph Kuechler, with the assistance of Deputy Chief Frank Panico, continued their enforcement efforts of the striped bass regulations along the Hudson River and Newark Bay Complex in Hudson and Union Counties. They issued a total of 67 summonses for violations of undersize and over the limit striped bass with potential fines amounting to over $15,000.  
Meanwhile on the Raritan Bayshore, Conservation Police Officers Robert Henderson, Ed Klitz, Christopher Moscatiello and James Woerner patrolled the evening hours of April 9 and apprehended five individuals with multiple striped bass violations. In total, more than 20 sublegal striped bass were seized for undersized and overlimit violations. 
On the evening of April 10 and into the early morning hours of April 11, seventeen Conservation Police Officers from across the state participated in an overt and covert operation focusing on the harvesting of illegal striped bass along the Raritan Bayshore in Middlesex and Monmouth counties. Nearly 100 inspections were made resulting in over thirty summonses issued for a variety of striped bass-related violations. The possession of undersized fish was the most common violation.  
The Division of Fish and Wildlife’s Bureau of Law Enforcement plans to continue targeted enforcement of striped bass fishing activity as long as the schools of “linesiders” continue to tempt unethical anglers. 
Striped Bass regulations can be found in the Division’s free New Jersey Marine Digest available at many sporting goods stores and online here: www.njfishandwildlife.com/digmar.htm 
Anglers may catch and keep one striped bass per day. The striped bass must measure between 28 and 38 inches. Recreational anglers aged 16 or older must obtain a free annual Saltwater Angler Registry certificate if they are fishing in the marine or tidal waters of the state. Additional regulations apply. The fine for possession of undersized or overlimit striped bass is $100 per fish plus court costs.

650A0834-E554-4298-94C5-EAB7ADCAEBD1.jpeg

Edited by hammer4reel

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

• hammer4reel changed the title to NJFG Hard at work
3 hours ago, smittty said:

I don’t want to sound racist but I would like to know how many illegals were given tickets or if they just kick them lose

thats not racist. thats the truth. i use to watch that race throw cast nets over the old prices falls in bridgewater. i confronted them once and they said the river feeds there family with no regaurd to the law or regulations. the whole cast net went right into the cooler. as the night went on, they were pissing in the river and throwing garbage in the river. im glad the dam is gone, that dam was a hot spot hang out. 

I miss that dam, caught some big trout and carp there years ago and yes it was hotspot for illegal activity and litter. I had a warden shake me down there once and when he was done with me I pointed across the river and said what about them. He made good on it and drove in on the Duke Farm side and shook them down, that was the end of their day. I also saw cast nets being used often and the best was a guy in a wet suit using a spear gun:eek:

9 hours ago, Kype said:

thats not racist. thats the truth. i use to watch that race throw cast nets over the old prices falls in bridgewater. i confronted them once and they said the river feeds there family with no regaurd to the law or regulations. the whole cast net went right into the cooler. as the night went on, they were pissing in the river and throwing garbage in the river. im glad the dam is gone, that dam was a hot spot hang out. 

should have told the azz wipe , go to the food bank if your hungry