IGNORED

Down to a 1 goose limit For Next Year

Russ 11

20 minutes ago, mazzgolf said:

And September season does nothing for our resident population - down here at least, almost all of our fields still have crops on them.  I'd love to know the numbers of the Sept. harvest --- it can't be a lot.

No geese to hunt on our far in September 

37 minutes ago, Buckeyes11 said:

If it’s for migrating geese are the others states following same rules. Or they fair game once they cross“state lines”?

Federal law...states in the eastern flyway. MD was 1 bird this past season. 

Has nothing to do with resident birds.

Goose was closed a long time in the 80’s and 90’s then was 1 bird when I got into it mainly hunting eastern shore of MD.

Hunts over in 1 pull of the trigger most days. A lot of decoys will be up for sale in the next few months also some prime leases should become available. 

2 hours ago, mazzgolf said:

And September season does nothing for our resident population - down here at least, almost all of our fields still have crops on them.  I'd love to know the numbers of the Sept. harvest --- it can't be a lot.

Hunt sod fields roosts or flyaway pass shooting and u will do well

Edited by vdep217

I remember when Maryland was the "Goose Hunting Capital of the World". I hunted there three times back in the 70's. The migrations kept on short stopping every year. Lack of birds forced a 1 bird limit there, killing the Guiding Business. I stopped hunting Geese in NJ about 4 years ago. There was a lack of migratory birds. In previous years it would be easy to get a limit on any morning or afternoon. Hopefully it's a phase and things will bounce back.

I sold all my dekes, layout blind, ammo, and clothes. I doubt I'll be getting back in. 

Showing my age. LOL

8 hours ago, Gunsmoke said:

why even bother having a season.

I am thinking with limit of one they hope most will not hunt. I will most likely do one or two hunts but it will not be 20 like last year. I may go with my camera and after first kill keep calling and get some good shots of them landing in front of me