Jump to content

The Pandemic Didn't Hurt Everyone


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, archer36 said:

As a side note, I also read that the average net worth of 50% of Americans is $39,000. 

Not a typo. That's Thirty nine thousand dollars. 

How can that be when war was declared on poverty decades ago. Well never mind the new infrastructure plan, taxes and unbridled immigration will fix that. Soon 90% of Americans will make less than $39,000/year and there will be harmony. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am all for emtrepenuers making as money as possible. My issue is how they have a billion tax loop holes to keep the majority of their money and not contributing like the middle class.  Not a trump bash but how does a billionare only pay $750 in taxes? I don't blame him for using the loop holes if done legally. The system is skewed to favor all the tax loop holes for the billionares. That is why we continue to see  the growth of the top 1% and the increase in poverty on the other end.  I am not looking to see the billionares penalized for being rich. I just don't think they should be paying percentages the middle class pay.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, deadonshot2 said:

I am all for emtrepenuers making as money as possible. My issue is how they have a billion tax loop holes to keep the majority of their money and not contributing like the middle class.  Not a trump bash but how does a billionare only pay $750 in taxes? I don't blame him for using the loop holes if done legally. The system is skewed to favor all the tax loop holes for the billionares. That is why we continue to see  the growth of the top 1% and the increase in poverty on the other end.  I am not looking to see the billionares penalized for being rich. I just don't think they should be paying percentages the middle class pay.

Both the GOP and Democrats equally put in place rules that allow the rich to remain rich, the poor remain poor, and the middle class get to be treated like a bunch of bitches in the end.

If you make the tax system complicated, people with a shit ton of money--and corporations--will pay extremely smart people to figure out how to beat the system while the rest of us schmucks desperately try to do the same without the same access to those resources.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Haskell_Hunter said:

Both the GOP and Democrats equally put in place rules that allow the rich to remain rich, the poor remain poor, and the middle class get to be treated like a bunch of bitches in the end.

If you make the tax system complicated, people with a shit ton of money--and corporations--will pay extremely smart people to figure out how to beat the system while the rest of us schmucks desperately try to do the same without the same access to those resources.

That is what I was trying to say but you said so much better. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, 3Blade said:

2020 was one of my best seasons as a contractor. I had more work then I could handle. I assume a lot of people didn't travel and sunk that money into their homes. This season is also starting out strong. Usually when there is an economic disruption I feel it right away...this time around I got lucky.

Good for you. Hard work pays!!!

Edited by Lunatic
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OldMenRule said:

How can that be when war was declared on poverty decades ago. Well never mind the new infrastructure plan, taxes and unbridled immigration will fix that. Soon 90% of Americans will make less than $39,000/year and there will be harmony. 

I bet the number is way off because of bunch of people with money to burn. If you look at middle class the net worth is negative for almost all 

Edited by Lunatic
Link to post
Share on other sites

The pandemic actually put me in a better spot.  Work gave us 3 dollars per hour in the begining than 2 than 1 and didn't take the 1 away from us. The stock market was a risk I did well when everything tanked.  The food delivery options skyrocketed wich I did 1 to 2 days a week 4 hours a day. I was able to pay off all debt except house and car.  Honestly it's because everything is closed or restricted not spending money out.  Also was able to upgrades on the house.  Alot of people took advantage and some did not.  I wish I could have done more but am happy with what I did

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, vdep217 said:

The pandemic actually put me in a better spot.  Work gave us 3 dollars per hour in the begining than 2 than 1 and didn't take the 1 away from us. The stock market was a risk I did well when everything tanked.  The food delivery options skyrocketed wich I did 1 to 2 days a week 4 hours a day. I was able to pay off all debt except house and car.  Honestly it's because everything is closed or restricted not spending money out.  Also was able to upgrades on the house.  Alot of people took advantage and some did not.  I wish I could have done more but am happy with what I did

Good for you. I also did well. Made more money in 202o than any time before 

Link to post
Share on other sites

i just wish all this would stop. and the damn masks. good god, give it up already. i took a work truck home last week and forgot my mask. stopped in a quick mart for a few items and i was getting looks like i was a criminal, even with my shirt over my mouth. everywhere we go we have to see something that involves the pandemic. news, internet, social media. its everywhere after a year later. i was told to wear a mask while i was at the bottom of a QUARRY last week. wide open space, in the middle of no where surrouned by rock, and wind.  i didnt know what to say. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

Good for you. I also did well. Made more money in 202o than any time before 

While I made more money I think it was the force in change of habits for the most part.  Not eating out no bar aby drinking was home or at a family members house.  The money that would have been spent there was rolled into investments

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Kype said:

i just wish all this would stop. and the damn masks. good god, give it up already. i took a work truck home last week and forgot my mask. stopped in a quick mart for a few items and i was getting looks like i was a criminal, even with my shirt over my mouth. everywhere we go we have to see something that involves the pandemic. news, internet, social media. its everywhere after a year later. i was told to wear a mask while i was at the bottom of a QUARRY last week. wide open space, in the middle of no where surrouned by rock, and wind.  i didnt know what to say. 

I agree, the whole mask thing is lunacy. I take the stupid thing off the second I leave any establishment including my suppliers. When Im outside getting loaded up at my suppliers there ain't a chance in hell I'm wearing one

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • 2021 Season Countdowns

    • Youth Turkey Hunting Day
      04/24/2021 5:38AM EDT
    • Adult Turkey Season Week A
      04/26/2021 5:35AM EDT
  • Help Support NJ Woods & Water



  • 2021 New Jersey Turkey Hunting Information



  • 2021 Youth Turkey Hunting Contest

  • 2021 Adult Turkey Hunting Contest

×
×
  • Create New...