Any Pennsy troutin spots near Wallenpaupack?

Heading to Woodloch w the family for a few days and guna bring some gear. Woodloch has a lake on their property....catch n release....will take the kids for panfish. 

but I see Lackawaxen is up near there n if I remember correctly it’s a trout stocked water??

anyone familiar w troutin that area?

Yes. It runs through Hawley & Honesdale. Nice stretch in front of Wayne County fairgrounds outside of Honesdale....I cannot remember if it's the Dyberry or Lackawaxen there, but very nice and easy to find. Head North on Rt 6, then get on Rt 191 on outskirts of Honesdale. Or fish the Lackawaxen in town of Hawley. All close to Woodloch.

Lackawaxen where it runs into the Delaware gets fished a lot along Canal street.  There is a back road that will get you there just south of Honesdale off of rt6.  Dyberry creek north of Honesdale is a popular spot. Take 191 north at the split after going thru Honesdale on rt6.  Couple miles up make left toward cold springs(small street sign) after passing green metal buildings on the left, then a right after crossing the creek and follow that road into the stateland

Edited by Greybeard
1 hour ago, nmc02 said:

Yes. It runs through Hawley & Honesdale. Nice stretch in front of Wayne County fairgrounds outside of Honesdale....I cannot remember if it's the Dyberry or Lackawaxen there, but very nice and easy to find. Head North on Rt 6, then get on Rt 191 on outskirts of Honesdale. Or fish the Lackawaxen in town of Hawley. All close to Woodloch.

I think that’s still the dyberry until it meets in Town.  Tanners falls was always a fun spot to go to when we were younger!

3 hours ago, Eyesofthewoods said:

I think that’s still the dyberry until it meets in Town.  Tanners falls was always a fun spot to go to when we were younger!

Been there many times.  Were you there when the girl was pushed off the road and killed?   Don't think they ever caught the person but locals think it was a mentally disturbed kid from the camp across the bridge, back when the bridge was open

IMG_0476ca.thumb.jpg.a76930d1c7799d8f12e02cd2a441fb9b.jpg

Edited by Greybeard
33 minutes ago, Greybeard said:

Been there many times.  Were you there when the girl was pushed off the road and killed?   Don't think they ever caught the person but locals think it was a mentally disturbed kid from the camp across the bridge, back when the bridge was open

Very tragic!

1 hour ago, Greybeard said:

I don’t remember that but I remember when the bridge was open.  It drops you at my hunting camp on the other end.  The pleasant mount side not honesdale side.  Spring was great turkey hunting in the morning and trout fishing in the afternoon!

3 hours ago, hemlock said:

They are stocking it tomorrow so it may be a little crowded if anyone decides to go. 

Nope not I. Too many too many hours wasted on the closed stocking day Rivers with little or nothing to show for it. The fish are freaking out. I learned to change tactics. Daybreak the next morning no crowds full creel.