Real ID required for air travel starting Oct 2021

2 hours ago, Haskell_Hunter said:

Y'all are missing the real reason the government wants this done:  Facial recognition.

In order to fly, you now need to have an ID that proves you are in a government owned facial recognition database.  They want to be able to track your movements no matter where you are.

They have that without secure IDs.  And have for many years already.  

real   ID , get real (kidding) i bought a van and i have been trying to register it and transfer title for a month. I had an appointment for tomorrow finally and they cancelled it an hour ago. next appointment April 26th

5 hours ago, Jim_ said:

Maybe pay for expediated service? 

I paid for it.  PO said otherwise it was 4 months out, which I interpreted as maybe never.  "They" recently cashed by check.  I hope it doesn't get lost in the mail.  I really don't need it as my first two fights are before the October Real ID deadline, which I bet gets extended again..............

5 hours ago, Greybeard said:

Got mine just as the pandemic hit.  Was able to walk in 3 months prior to license expiring without an appointment.  Don't know if they will still squeeze people inbetween appointments now.

Good for you brother Bob 👍 personally I think it's a bunch of BS I don't need no stinking real ID I have my birth certificate. Born in the USofA!.. I don't plan on flying anyway I have a fear, only time I'll fly is if haskel hands me the controls to his drone.

5 minutes ago, hunterbob1 said:

Good for you brother Bob 👍 personally I think it's a bunch of BS I don't need no stinking real ID I have my birth certificate. Born in the USofA!.. I don't plan on flying anyway I have a fear, only time I'll fly is if haskel hands me the controls to his drone.

My drone is afraid of you.

5 hours ago, LittleM said:

Maybe, unless you live in NJ, where it appears as though obtaining the Real ID is impossible......

Passport was all done via mail, no pita at all.  But a Real ID?????  I can't even get an appt to get one.....glad I got my passport last year, I saw this happening.

1 hour ago, smittty said:

So for international travel you need this new ID along with a passport and no drivers license 

No, this is just an enhanced drivers license, it replaces your existing drivers license.

Okay, then I'm afraid for my drone's safety.  Well, I'd be concerned for anyone's safety around you.  You're a wild man.
We all saw Haskell make right turns with his drone at Rick's!
We're safe, the trees, not so much!
If you were born in Jersey City, your ID became another red flag for DMV to create more paperwork and points of ID.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk