IGNORED

For the Toyota mafia

hammer4reel

Comparing full size trucks to Toyota trucks is like comparing a MLB slider to a AAA one. They both may be sliders but trying to hit the MLB one just off the black is like trying to drink coffee with a fork

Edited by Bucndoe

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

I always find truck talk funny. You can trash a Dodge, Ford, GMC, etc and while some guys take it to heart, most of the time the owners of those brands take it with a grain of salt. Trash a Toyota and guys that own them act like you just slapped their wife and insulted their first born. I never understood it. I was in the market for a new truck last year. I been a Ford guy for years, but recently had problems with my 2018 F150. Went and test drove a Tundra, and I hated it. Felt cheap, didn't drive like a "truck" in my opinion.  Spent a few more dollars and bought a 2020 F150. Drive what makes ya happy guys..

Yes exactly! That’s why I call them the Toyota mafia! Very defensive group!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14 minutes ago, mightyhunter said:

You're right about the gas mileage Dan

Cars were getting 14-15 mpg back in the 60's with carberators  for crying out loud

Just goes to show how the auto industry is in bed with big oil 

Old cars and new cars weigh about the same.   Old cars had tiny motors that had to work their asses off to move around.  New cars "could" be more efficient based on the lightweight materials used...however add sound deadening materials, luxurious seats and interiors, gadgets, bells and whistles and that weight difference is lost. Plus everyone "needs" 300+ horsepower these days.  A damn honda accord has 2x the horsepower and is 3x as fast as all the beloved muscle cars of yesteryear 

13 minutes ago, Bucndoe said:

Comparing full size trucks to Toyota trucks is like comparing a MLB slider to a AAA one. They both may be sliders but trying to hit the MLB one just off the black is like trying to drink coffee with a fork

Comparing baseball to a sport is like calling Biden a president.  Technically it is, but not really

Edited by not on the rug

I bought a 1999 Dodge Dakota and had it for 19 years.  When I buy a truck I could give a shit about the resale value.  It's going to have only one owner and that owners is going to trade it in after a few decades of fun.  I loved my Dakota, but I also kept every single service record for it (including oil changes).  I didn't realize how much of a piece of shit that truck was.  I think I was putting in $1,500/year in repairs.  The day I got it the cab filled with smoke because the heater core was cracked.  But I drove that truck over 200K miles for 19 years.  Even though it was a crap truck, I beat the everliving shit out of it, and it came back for more.  Sure, it had problems, but I was so happy with the ride that it didn't really matter that much.

When it came time to put her to pasture I went out and got a full-sized RAM.  I started looking at the 1500s and thought they were all shit.  No armor, no reinforced stuff, no decent off-road packages, I didn't really consider them to be trucks.  They were more  like luxury vehicles you'd drive on grass but wouldn't survive going down logging roads in the middle of nowhere.  I went with the RAM 2500 and never looked back.  The cab has enough luxury for me, it's freakin' huge inside so I can move my hunting buddies around from spot to spot without people getting cramped.  The suspension is outstanding (ask @LPJR about the time in NH where I wasn't paying attention to the road and we drove through a crater field at way too fast speed), the height is great, and I have all of the armor and reinforced suspension that I need to truly go deep into the woods without worrying about the vehicle getting back out.

The new RAM has 52K miles on it, and I have had zero problems with it.  Sure, a couple of recalls, and I had to replace a few things after playing chicken with a smaller car that lost trying to merge into me.  I have the lifetime warranty on it, and I think that's why I've had no issues.  If I didn't buy the warranty, something probably would have busted.  But I own my cars for almost two decades (just traded in my daughters 21-year-old car that used to be my wife's for a certified pre-owned one).  I think I bought the perfect truck, because it's the truck I wanted.  I occasionally tow things.  I occasionally full the bed with wood, tools, landscaping supplied, and a shit ton of hunting gear when we go to NH every year.  It does the things that I need it to do when I need it to do them.  And it has a kick ass stereo.

IMHO, @hammer4reel is right.  You all bought the wrong truck if it isn't a RAM.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

15 minutes ago, not on the rug said:

Old cars and new cars weigh about the same.   Old cars had tiny motors that had to work their asses off to move around.  New cars "could" be more efficient based on the lightweight materials used...however add sound deadening materials, luxurious seats and interiors, gadgets, bells and whistles and that weight difference is lost. Plus everyone "needs" 300+ horsepower these days.  A damn honda accord has 2x the horsepower and is 3x as fast as all the beloved muscle cars of yesteryear 

Comparing baseball to a sport is like calling Biden a president.  Technically it is, but not really

I think you have it reversed, most of the old cars had V8's 302,327,330,350,400

By old I mean 60's early 70's 

Today the cars have smaller motors but they do put out BIG horsepower

Edited by mightyhunter

31 minutes ago, mightyhunter said:

You're right about the gas mileage Dan

Cars were getting 14-15 mpg back in the 60's with carberators  for crying out loud

Just goes to show how the auto industry is in bed with big oil 

There were cars in the 80’s that got 50 mpg. Small trucks were getting mid twenties .

small diesel cars were pushing mid 50’s.

forty years later one look at the stickers and you know they haven’t tried to improve .

small car , mid sized car , full size car , mid size truck , full size truck . Each class only changes a mile or two per gallon .

They had carbs in 1993 for the full size blazers getting 23/25  with a 350. Same engine in a truck was getting 17 at best .

.oil industry sets the var for EVERY other industry there is .

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

3 hours ago, 68Ioweu1 said:

Dan don’t you have the million mile warranty on your dodge? I have a customer with that warranty,  they stand behind and honor it to a T from what I understand. 

They were awesome with it until I went over 300 k .

‘now truck is 13 years old and they want to exclude stuff saying rust makes it void .

new max are warranty can still be bought as anything from 60k to unlimited , but gas an 8 year maximum experation 

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

13 minutes ago, mightyhunter said:

I think you have it reversed, most of the old cars had V8's 302,327,330,350,400

By old I mean 60's early 70's 

Today the cars have smaller motors but they do put out BIG horsepower

Sorry.  So yes and no...there were lots of big V8s in that generation, but they didn't make "big" hp by today's standards.  Many cars in that generation had little inline 6s though.

My wife has been driving a Jeep Cherokee for the past 2 years.  2.0l turbo 4 that makes 270hp and 295tq.  Stupid high numbers for a little go-kart motor

Edited by not on the rug

29 minutes ago, not on the rug said:

Greatest game God ever invented. It mirrors life like no other sport can

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

3 hours ago, Jcol6268 said:

It’s all relative to what a buyer wants. You want to hit 500,000 miles with the least amount of problems? Buy Toyota. You want something more luxurious? Hit one of the big 3. I’m am not brand loyal, I’ve always gone back and forth GM to Ford, but after trouble after trouble after trouble with my American made vehicles I finally wanted a vehicle that could last me 8’years. In 2016 I bought a Tacoma. The only real trailering I do is my 18’ CC. Wasn’t enough trailering to look else where (TRD with tow package FYI). 155,000 miles later, more off roading then most truck guys on here, and all it’s needed is the regular maintenance. I beat the crap out of my vehicles, but American made trucks just can’t handle all of my trips and stress I put them through, not in my personal experience at least. Maybe after this truck I will go back to my F150s (my favorite all around truck). But I plan on beating in this thing for many more miles. 

I have 185000 miles on my 2013 f-150 with nothing other than regular maintenance....routinely haul 3k pounds in the bed and about 1-3 times per month pull a 10K pound trailer along with my 28' Hydra sport twice a year.....still avgs 17 mpg and between 600- 630 miles per tank..... I plan on seeing what I can get out of this thing.....hoping for 300k

8 minutes ago, Bucndoe said:

Greatest game God ever invented. It mirrors life like no other sport can

1-Its a game, not a sport.  Like darts, pool or monopoly. The game of Life mirrors life better than any other sport, but I don't idolize board games or people who play them

2-There is no such thing as God.  Abner Doubleday invented baseball

Edited by not on the rug

11 minutes ago, not on the rug said:

1-Its a game, not a sport.  Like darts, pool or monopoly. The game of Life mirrors life better than any other sport, but I don't idolize board games or people who play them

2-There is no such thing as God.  Abner Doubleday invented baseball

God created Doubleday, sports are games, life is boring without sports no matter what they are

2 minutes ago, Bucndoe said:

God created Doubleday, sports are games, life is boring without sports no matter what they are

Not going to debate religion or where we came from because those are often fruitless discussions for everyone involved.  I respect your right to believe in whatever you choose to.  

I agree that sports are games and life is definitely better with them.  :cheers:

Edited by not on the rug

Everybody has an opinion. I had a 2005, 2010 now a 2020 Tundra I loved all three they are perfect for me.. I know there is a big change coming in 2022 but I still wanted the 5.7 liter So I bought a 2020 .. my 2010 I got rid of at 196k it ran like when I brought it home. For 10 years all it needed was basic maintenance and brakes.. 

I Just want to Hunt...