My poor long suffering wife!

Had one bit in real bad just a little lower on my leg.  Ripped most of it out and my wife dug at the rest of it for a while.  She's not only my wife, but a nurse as well.  That's 2 bit in so far.  I can see Lyme on the horizon....

Oh wow. I woke one morning after hunting pheasants the day before with pain on my back, right above my butt cheek. I was going pheasant hunting that morning also. Had no choice but wake my wife up to look at it and make it happen. She is a saint . Had no problem with getting this tick off of me.

Permethrin’s a must walked in the woods today all clothes sprayed earlier in season not 1 tick on me 17 on guy I was with. Spent 12 months on IV’s and 4 other meds that F’d my stomach up. Also  a bunch of different diagnoses including Lupus.  I am a totally healthy, active guys that works out 5 days a week, hike miles everyday it KNOCKED ME OUT! Only an infectious disease Dr. gave me my life back, it’s fun and games till you can’t get out of bed, your losing your mind, your vision, your joints are inflamed, and you feel like a slug. I fought like Rocky Marciano to get back!! (lol) Please spray with permethrin!! I don’t go in the woods without it, cause I’ve been down and wont go back! Believe me.

Posted (edited)

I was not even in the woods or long grass - this must have come off of the dog IMO.  Needless to say, I will be hanging some clothes on the line and permethrining the beejesus out of them once the weather dries up!

With the morel season starting in a few weeks I certainly will be out there soon.

Edited by madeinuk