IGNORED

DADS GUNS

BOWHIO

When my Dad passed away in November (he lived in P.A.) I called my township police department and followed their instructions. I’m not saying what he had or how many, but they gave me what I believe to be legitimate information. 

"Well Behaved Women Seldom Make History" - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

NJ State Federation of Sportsmen's Clubs Member
NRA Life Member

NWTF Women In The Outdoors Member

UBNJ Member

10 hours ago, Ms Grit said:

When my Dad passed away in November (he lived in P.A.) I called my township police department and followed their instructions. I’m not saying what he had or how many, but they gave me what I believe to be legitimate information. 

I'm very very sorry to see this. 

27 minutes ago, OldMenRule said:

Yes what do you have???

Put me on the list with smithy & OldMenRule also !

I thought, growing old would take longer ! 

I spent most of my money on shotguns and fly rods.  The rest I just wasted.

On 3/27/2021 at 1:46 PM, BOWHIO said:

I AM IN CONTROLL OF MY DADS GUNS THAT HE BOUGHT MANY YEARS AGO WITHOUT AN ID CAUSE IT WASNT NEED 

HOW WOULD I GO ABOUT PUTTING THE GUNS IN MY NAME OR TRANSFERRING THEM 

I AM NOT A GUN GUY BUT DO HAVE A FID PERMIT 

ANY HELP WOULD BE GRATE THANKS

Loose lips sink ships.................

ESTATESALESBYOLGA.COM    ALWAYS BUYING ANTIQUE AND VINTAGE ITEMS  CALL 908 868 8236 MIKE

What, specifically, do you mean by “being in control” of your father’s guns ? There is a different answer based on the details of that 

Edited by Bucndoe

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

On 3/27/2021 at 11:36 PM, Ms Grit said:

I’m glad that worked out for you. Sometimes you end up with a DARE officer on the phone who doesn’t know didley poo about firearms laws outside of very basic information. To the everyday citizen if it sounds good, they go with what they are told even though it could be incorrect. There are areas of concentration that not all officers are knowledgeable about. There is no bad intent. It just happens when someone doesn’t pass that call on to who it should go to who knows better than them from hands on experience. 

Edited by Bucndoe

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

4 hours ago, Bucndoe said:

I’m glad that worked out for you. Sometimes you end up with a DARE officer on the phone who doesn’t know didley poo about firearms laws outside of very basic information. To the everyday citizen if it sounds good, they go with what they are told even though it could be incorrect. There are areas of concentration that not all officers are knowledgeable about. There is no bad intent. It just happens when someone doesn’t pass that call on to who it should go to who knows better than them from hands on experience. 

I am confident that I spoke with the correct person at my Township Police Department and gave them a detailed list as I believed there were specific things that needed to be done based on what was in the list and they gave me detailed instructions which again, I believe to be credible instructions. It wasn’t just that because he was my dad they were automatically mine, specific firearms required a will that they were left to me. 

Edited by Ms Grit
Additional information added

"Well Behaved Women Seldom Make History" - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

NJ State Federation of Sportsmen's Clubs Member
NRA Life Member

NWTF Women In The Outdoors Member

UBNJ Member

25 minutes ago, Ms Grit said:

I am confident that I spoke with the correct person at my Township Police Department and gave them a detailed list as I believed there were specific things that needed to be done based on what was in the list and they gave me detailed instructions which again, I believe to be credible instructions. It wasn’t just that because he was my dad they were automatically mine, specific firearms required a will that they were left to me. 

I'm glad it worked out and wasn't a horror story instead. You are correct, the devil is  always in the details and they aren't always the same