IGNORED

Baffle Type Feeder

dlist777

Anyone use this type of feeder (where the deer eat from a tube)?  Were the deer able to figure it out?  Any problems?

Thinking about buying one.  I dont want to deal with batteries and mechanical issues with a broadcast feeder....

Any input is appreciated 

I HAVE A 6 INCH PVC PIPE DEEP IN MY WOODS WITH A GALVINIZED LID ON IT ,ITS ABOUT 7FT TALL AND HOLDS A LITTLE MORE THEN A FIFTY PIUND BAG OF CORN OR SOYBEANS WHEN THEY FIND IT ITS GREAT 

THE BAIT DOESNT GET WET AND SPOIL

I HAVE IT HOSE CLAMPED TIO A TREE SO THE BEARS DONT GET TO IT  

1 hour ago, dlist777 said:

Anyone use this type of feeder (where the deer eat from a tube)?  Were the deer able to figure it out?  Any problems?

Thinking about buying one.  I dont want to deal with batteries and mechanical issues with a broadcast feeder....

Any input is appreciated 

They have no issue eating from gravity feeders such as a BOSS BUCK but expect to use 15 times the amount of food..

‘raccoons will also always find a way to get on the tubes and chew the heck out of it .

I think a timed feeder with a solar pack is a more reliable feeder .

I use a boss buck off season to feed protein feed , but try and use the same thing during the winter you can’t keep it filled for 3 days 

Edited by hammer4reel

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

I use a 6"x 6' high PVC tube that holds almost 50lbs of corn, set on top of a slate type rock. To stop the raccoons from going to town, I wire sliced-open large coffee cans around the bottom and the top of the feeder (wrapped around the parts not protected by the tree). Or else an upside down bucket up top, which does get chewed up over time. Raising and lowering the can at the bottom controls the flow

I PICKED UP A MOULTREE THAT HAD BOTH SPREADER OR THREE TUBES... USES 4AA BATTTERIES AND THEY LAST FOR MONTHS.... ONCE THE DEER GOT PAST THE FEAR WHEN IT CAME ON IT TOOK ABOUT A WEEK FOR THEM TO START LICKING THE SPREADER PLATE WHICH LETS THE CORN FLOW  OUT... 150LBS IN TWO DAYS....HAD TO INSTALL VARMINT GUARD TO STOP THE FREE FLOW..

IMG_0738.JPG

Edited by sxs

Not cheap, but worth every penny.  Used one last season and not a single issue with critters, they can't get to the food and they claim to be bear proof.  I can't say anything about bears cause we don't have them down here.  I painted mine and there wasn't a mark or scratch on it after the season.  You can sit it right on ground, add poles to raise it a little or ratchet strap to a tree.  It has different setting and can go for months without refilling and the battery can last the whole season depending on settings.  It throws far, you don't want to be standing in front of it when it goes off.  I was very surprised how well it worked and how well the deer adjusted to it.  I had it set up about a hundred yards from my stand and when it went off within five minutes I'd start to see deer heading towards it.

https://www.oneanddonepro.com

IMG_4165.jpeg

IMG_4164.jpeg

IMG_4166.jpeg

If you're interested in a Boss Buck gravity feeder I have one that I'd be willing to let go.  It holds 300 pounds of feed.

Edited by B B