IGNORED

Leupold recent designs....

nmc02

I have ALWAYS been a huge Leupold fan. However, their recent products are not to my liking. It seems their lower and mid priced scopes are cheaply made and all the upper level are all the CDS (Custom dial system), which now has been improved by allowing the CDS to lock. I simply want a high quality riflescope that doesn't require any custom dial system. Anyone else notice or agree? Seems either the Freedom scopes (lower end) or high end with CDS. I want a mid range or even high end scope without the CDS....

5 minutes ago, nmc02 said:

I have ALWAYS been a huge Leupold fan. However, their recent products are not to my liking. It seems their lower and mid priced scopes are cheaply made and all the upper level are all the CDS (Custom dial system), which now has been improved by allowing the CDS to lock. I simply want a high quality riflescope that doesn't require any custom dial system. Anyone else notice or agree? Seems either the Freedom scopes (lower end) or high end with CDS. I want a mid range or even high end scope without the CDS....

I’m a big leupold fan. I never looked at the lower end scopes and I like the cds but you can’t get nothing done there custom shop is closed or not at full staff and not taking any custom work on. That’s why I posted that scope for sale on here yesterday normally I. Would send it out and have them change the reticle so posted it for sale on here for cheap 

I don't like the Leupold scope covers that come with the high end scopes.  They don't work consistently, and one of those covers scratched my rifle.  The Butler Creek covers, while not being perfect, are preferable to the Leupold ones, IMHO.

I do have some of their older scopes that don't have a lot of bells and whistles.  I know what you mean.  I sometimes just want a scope with a reasonable zoom and focus.  Nothing more.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

1 hour ago, nmc02 said:

I agree. Not sure where they are headed with all of this. I was looking for a low power scope for my 45/70 build and everything seemed discontinued or out of stock. Lack of options on reticles etc.... I ended up getting the vx freedom since I got a deal on it and for lack of options. It was either that or huge price jump to a vx-5  or vx-6 which I didn’t want to spend the coin on.  Not sure what there deal is.

Edited by Mallard1100

My favorites from Leupold was the VXII- 2x7 and VXIII in 2.5x8.  Both at one time available in gloss. To me if the gun has a gloss blue the scope should be gloss not matte.  But I guess when gun manufacturers decided to bead blast everything instead of hand polishing scope manufacturers needed to follow. 

I spent most of my money on hunting and fishing. The rest I just wasted.