Got Covid-19 Vaccine Shot today.

The vaccines that are out now do little or nothing to stop two of the mutations from Africa and Brazil.  

They are both in the US now.  

A cloth mask, the type that the majority wear, is about as useful as putting a rope across your doorway and thinking it will stop people or animals from entering your house.

The vaccines themself can cause mutations that are resistant to that vaccine rendering it useless.

There are lots of things that kill us but we don't live in fear of them we live our life!

https://www.wsj.com/articles/herd-immunity-is-near-despite-faucis-denial-11616624554?reflink=desktopwebshare_twitter

Doctor Marty Makary of Johns Hopkins.

His estimate that it’ll take a 70% to 85% vaccination rate ignores those who have already been infected.
Anthony Fauci has been saying that the country needs to vaccinate 70% to 85% of the population to reach herd immunity from Covid-19. But he inexplicably ignores natural immunity. If you account for previous infections, herd immunity is likely close at hand.

Data from the California Department of Public Health, released earlier this month, show that while only 8.7% of the state’s population has ever tested positive for Covid-19, at least 38.5% of the population has antibodies against the novel coronavirus. Those numbers are from Jan. 30 to Feb. 20. Adjusting for cases between now and then, and accounting for the amount of time it takes for the body to make antibodies, we can estimate that as many as half of Californians have natural immunity today.

The same report found that 45% of people in Los Angeles had Covid-19 antibodies. Again, the number can only be higher today. Between “half and two-thirds of our population has antibodies in it now,” due to Covid exposure or vaccination, Mayor Eric Garcetti said Sunday on “Face the Nation.” That would explain why cases in Los Angeles are down 95% in the past 11 weeks and the positivity rate among those tested is now 1.7%.

Undercounting or removing the many Americans with natural immunity from any tally of herd immunity is a scientific error of omission. When people wonder why President Biden talks about limiting Fourth of July gatherings, it’s because his most prominent medical adviser has dismissed the contribution of natural immunity, artificially extending the timeline.

Many physicians believe that vaccinated immunity will prove more durable than natural immunity. I agree, and I think everyone should get vaccinated. But after a year of millions of Covid-19 cases in the U.S., it’s clear that reinfections are rare. Natural immunity is real and shouldn’t be ignored.

On 3/25/2021 at 12:10 AM, Recurve hntr said:

I feel the same. I’m 47 with high blood pressure. I had major back surgery that changed my life. Wish I never had it done. I use to lift weights and run everyday. My normal weight before surgery was 220 . Now I’m around 320.  I did get covid along with my wife and three kids. The kids recovered in a few days. Even my pregnant daughter. Me and my wife recovered after about 8 weeks. My wife was and still is in great shape. I know a few people that had really bad side effects  from the second shot. One who almost died. Im scared to death to get it. I’m also afraid of getting covid again. I feel like I got lucky.

Your odds of getting infected again is almost zero.

Even after your titers have gone down considerably, your B cells will always remember. Now if you do by that remote chance get re-infected you will be asymptomatic and you will be almost at zero to spread it or you will have minimal symptoms.

Edited by MZ7Extreme
2 hours ago, MZ7Extreme said:

What part of the medical field do you work in? And why does everyone need the shot?

This question about real knowledge vs. gut knowledge is important for all of us, including those who say masks and vaccines don't work, you're not  gonna get infected again, children don't suffer badly, and it's like the flu.

The whole issue is convoluted to the point of "what is the truth?"

I was totally against the shot as the skeptic (a person who questions the validity or authenticity of something purporting to be factual. a person who maintains a doubting attitude) I am.

After visits to my heart doctor, my foot doctor, my eye doctor (s) and my medical doctor, who treats my diabetes, I succumbed to their advice. After all, everything they have contributed to my well being has been life extending. Besides, if the screwball in the White House says I'll need a card to get on the bus I'll have one.

6 hours ago, JFC1 said:

This question about real knowledge vs. gut knowledge is important for all of us, including those who say masks and vaccines don't work, you're not  gonna get infected again, children don't suffer badly, and it's like the flu.

I work in the medical field... what part do you work in?

26 minutes ago, _X7 said:

The whole issue is convoluted to the point of "what is the truth?"

I was totally against the shot as the skeptic (a person who questions the validity or authenticity of something purporting to be factual. a person who maintains a doubting attitude) I am.

After visits to my heart doctor, my foot doctor, my eye doctor (s) and my medical doctor, who treats my diabetes, I succumbed to their advice. After all, everything they have contributed to my well being has been life extending. Besides, if the screwball in the White House says I'll need a card to get on the bus I'll have one.

Good,Smart man!

That's who should he getting the shot, those who are up in age, people with comorbidities, and the people who are up in age and have comorbidities.

4 minutes ago, MZ7Extreme said:

I work in the medical field... what part do you work in?

I don't work in the medical field. What part of the medical field do you work in and what do you do? Does your work give you special insight into how we might face COVID and, if so, why not share some more?