Jump to content

Got Covid-19 Vaccine Shot today.


Recommended Posts

Just now, trapoholic said:

Got my first vaccine today at Holy Name in Teaneck. I felt like a dog waiting in line at the municipal parking lot for its rabies shots! Go back in three weeks. Can't wait. LOL

I get my second shot this Sunday.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, Ms Grit said:

Good Luck. You couldn’t pay me enough ... 

I feel the same. I’m 47 with high blood pressure. I had major back surgery that changed my life. Wish I never had it done. I use to lift weights and run everyday. My normal weight before surgery was 220 . Now I’m around 320.  I did get covid along with my wife and three kids. The kids recovered in a few days. Even my pregnant daughter. Me and my wife recovered after about 8 weeks. My wife was and still is in great shape. I know a few people that had really bad side effects  from the second shot. One who almost died. Im scared to death to get it. I’m also afraid of getting covid again. I feel like I got lucky.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Recurve hntr said:

I feel the same. I’m 47 with high blood pressure. I had major back surgery that changed my life. Wish I never had it done. I use to lift weights and run everyday. My normal weight before surgery was 220 . Now I’m around 320.  I did get covid along with my wife and three kids. The kids recovered in a few days. Even my pregnant daughter. Me and my wife recovered after about 8 weeks. My wife was and still is in great shape. I know a few people that had really bad side effects  from the second shot. One who almost died. Im scared to death to get it. I’m also afraid of getting covid again. I feel like I got lucky.

That is a personal choice. Some people are opposed to any medications and vaccines. My mother who is 89, has spent her entire life researching our family tree. In fact, she has gone back to somewhere around 30,000 names. My point is this- What she has determined is that years ago, most people did not make it to 50 years old! The reason for this is mainly because when you became sick, you died! Of course a lot more people also smoked more back then. The fact of the matter is if there were never any vaccines or medications, some of us would not be here today.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’ve been directly exposed 3 times, once helping take care of my dad before he passed away, and I did not get sick. I was recently tested for the antibodies, which I do not have. My dr said I must have a good immune system. I’m good with that for me. We all must make whatever decision we believe is best for ourselves.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Recurve hntr said:

I feel the same. I’m 47 with high blood pressure. I had major back surgery that changed my life. Wish I never had it done. I use to lift weights and run everyday. My normal weight before surgery was 220 . Now I’m around 320.  I did get covid along with my wife and three kids. The kids recovered in a few days. Even my pregnant daughter. Me and my wife recovered after about 8 weeks. My wife was and still is in great shape. I know a few people that had really bad side effects  from the second shot. One who almost died. Im scared to death to get it. I’m also afraid of getting covid again. I feel like I got lucky.

You are lucky if you already had it. Dr Fauci could not think of one single case with someone getting seriously sick of dying when infected with covid for the 2nd time. It makes no sense to vaccinate people who already had the virus. The vaccine is a big unknown while we know for sure you are safe 2nd time around.
Anyway lose some weight, its a bigger health problem for you than the virus   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, trapoholic said:

That is a personal choice. Some people are opposed to any medications and vaccines. My mother who is 89, has spent her entire life researching our family tree. In fact, she has gone back to somewhere around 30,000 names. My point is this- What she has determined is that years ago, most people did not make it to 50 years old! The reason for this is mainly because when you became sick, you died! Of course a lot more people also smoked more back then. The fact of the matter is if there were never any vaccines or medications, some of us would not be here today.

There are vaccines and there are vaccines. Most are almost 100% effective and require one single shot in a life time and they saved millions if not billions of lives.  My immune system is several times better than the flu vaccine which needs to be administered every single year. (the flue vaccine is a joke IMO)Corona vaccine? Who knows. They don't even know at this point how long it is good for.  Statistically this is the most comprehensive drug testing on humane beings in history of the world. And of course you are 100% correct, this is a personal choice and we all need to respect this part, although; it looks like there is a big push to force all of us to get it for no good reason. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Recurve hntr said:

I feel the same. I’m 47 with high blood pressure. I had major back surgery that changed my life. Wish I never had it done. I use to lift weights and run everyday. My normal weight before surgery was 220 . Now I’m around 320.  I did get covid along with my wife and three kids. The kids recovered in a few days. Even my pregnant daughter. Me and my wife recovered after about 8 weeks. My wife was and still is in great shape. I know a few people that had really bad side effects  from the second shot. One who almost died. Im scared to death to get it. I’m also afraid of getting covid again. I feel like I got lucky.

I have yet to come across a person happy with their back surgery. I think the failure rate for major back surgery is in the 60% range or higher. By contrast cervical surgery is in the 90% success rate. I'm sorry for your pain. As to the vaccine, it is a personal choice which should be based on YOUR unique situation. I had Covid last year at this time. Back then it was thought to be more of a death sentence then today. Having worked closely with Covid patients and having seen the viruses  effects I was scared shitless which for me is rare given I usually walk around in my own world. 

I've been vaccinated and I'm happy with my choice. Mild reaction ( some chills ) and that was it. I've had similar reactions to the flu and shingles vaccine. The major problem with the vaccine ( and virus) is distrust in the system. Americas political system is broken beyond repair and with it goes the trust of the populace. Again as I've mentioned I spend a great deal of my day working with Covid patients and several of my co-workers have had Covid a second time,  Some worse then the first time.  

If your isolated from the virus and from those who might be exposed you might entertain skipping the vaccine. Your weight appears to be your main issue but losing weight when your in pain is not as simple as some like to believe. Speak with your physician, balance your needs and go from their. 

Again I'm truly sorry for your pain. I've had a bad back since my early 20's. I had to give up hockey, running and a few other things I enjoyed. Plain sucks. 

Good luck, God bless. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I got mine this morning at Holy Name as well - smooth process. 

This whole covid thing is driving my wife insane, I just tell her to turn off the news.  Our one daughter in law works at Hackensack Hospital in the ER but she won't get the shot.  There is no research yet on pregnancy so she will wait.  I guess thats a signal that we will have a 3rd grandchild in the near future.  I did have a mean game of hide-n-seek with my granddaughter over the weekend.  So getting the shot my wife feels that we won't but the grandkids in harms way.  

I did get the shingles shot and jackhammered both times at night that it woke my wife up.  Maybe I'll just sleep in my recliner after the second covid shot (most nights I'm fighting to stay awake past 10:30 anyway while in full recline).  

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, 2 Brits said:

I got mine this morning at Holy Name as well - smooth process. 

This whole covid thing is driving my wife insane, I just tell her to turn off the news.  Our one daughter in law works at Hackensack Hospital in the ER but she won't get the shot.  There is no research yet on pregnancy so she will wait.  I guess thats a signal that we will have a 3rd grandchild in the near future.  I did have a mean game of hide-n-seek with my granddaughter over the weekend.  So getting the shot my wife feels that we won't but the grandkids in harms way.  

I did get the shingles shot and jackhammered both times at night that it woke my wife up.  Maybe I'll just sleep in my recliner after the second covid shot (most nights I'm fighting to stay awake past 10:30 anyway while in full recline).  

 

If you are vaccinated you are still a spreader. If you come in contact and get infected  the vaccine only prevents you from getting very sick or dying. You will still infect others. However, you have nothing to worry about, kids are safe and face no serious sickness from the virus. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

If you are vaccinated you are still a spreader. If you come in contact and get infected  the vaccine only prevents you from getting very sick or dying. You will still infect others. However, you have nothing to worry about, kids are safe and face no serious sickness from the virus. 

I would not jump the gun and say the vaccine will keep you from dying if you get the "virus"

No guarantees on that. 

the sad part is you have a better chance of dying in an automobile crash than you do if you catch "the virus".

I swear to myself to walk away from this topic and that's all I have to add LOL

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Roon said:

I would not jump the gun and say the vaccine will keep you from dying if you get the "virus"

No guarantees on that. 

the sad part is you have a better chance of dying in an automobile crash than you do if you catch "the virus".

I swear to myself to walk away from this topic and that's all I have to add LOL

Well, I agree, we will see. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I personally denied the vaccine three times at work already. I am not getting it I do not want it nor do I feel I need it. That said I'm not knocking or bashing anybody that has or fought to get this vaccine I thank you for your service and with any luck there's enough people that feel they need this vaccine that I will be overlooked and me or my family will never be forced to take it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • 2021 Season Countdowns

    • NJ Fall Bow Season Opens
      10/02/2021 6:25AM EDT
    • NJ Permit Bow Season Opens
      10/30/2021 6:56AM EDT
  • Help Support NJ Woods & Water

    • paypal-donate-button

      njwaw-premium-membership-button

      shop-at-amazon-button
  • 2021-2022 New Jersey Hunting and Trapping Digest



  • 2021-2022 Youth Deer Hunting Contest

  • 2021-2022 Adult Deer Hunting Contest

×
×
  • Create New...