IGNORED

Scallops - advice sought

madeinuk

Just now, hammer4reel said:

Bunch places within an hour that are selling stuff coming in from Day boats ..

day scallops that aren’t bleached are a thousand times better than those processed to sell at market 

Within an hour is not the same as local.  Within an hour, you can definitely get amazing day boat scallops.  On the western edge of NJ, you're shit out of luck.  

I'm not sure the ones they typically get in there are bleached either. I've never had anything but spectacular scallops from there that you can eat raw, make ceviche with, grill, etc

3 minutes ago, not on the rug said:

Within an hour is not the same as local.  Within an hour, you can definitely get amazing day boat scallops.  On the western edge of NJ, you're shit out of luck.  

I'm not sure the ones they typically get in there are bleached either. I've never had anything but spectacular scallops from there that you can eat raw, make ceviche with, grill, etc

This is nj , anything under 2 hours is local lol.

right around the corner is anything under an hour 

Edited by hammer4reel

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

18 minutes ago, madeinuk said:

While I agree that Mark is an excellent fishmonger and I have bought seafood and other foods from him for nearly 20 years, I am craving the trip down to the ocean to get it from the boats or as close as I can get to them...

Pt.pleasant has a steady flow cape may and Barnegat light also

12 hours ago, not on the rug said:

A fat pig like me thinks nothing of a 3 hour each way drive for a truly great gustatory experience.  True fresh scallops easily qualify :-)

Wegmans often has them, they’re fresh, they say where they came from, most times it’s from NJ, they’re much better than other grocery stores, Whole Foods often has excellent ones too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

32 minutes ago, madeinuk said:

@Smitty - I am looking for large ones.  Please PM me if you have any within ‘reach’ - I will be good for a bag.  Just let me know the price too at the time so I can bring cash.

Bag is 50 pounds lol

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/