IGNORED

Franchi Affinity 3.5 vs. Benelli SBE3 ?

mazzgolf

I don't have the 3.5" Franchi or the SBE3 but I've had a Benelli M2 for 10 years and fired thousands of rounds through  and not once have I ever experienced the often referenced "Benelli Click".  Not saying it never happens to others but it's not something I would factor into my decision. 

I've shot the M2 vs the Franchi Affinity 3" next to each other and taken them both apart.  The only noticeable difference between them was the Franchi had the recoil spring around the magazine tube and the Benelli has it in the butt stock.  The Franchi also does not have the comfortech stock. 

If I were faced with deciding between the SBE3 and the Franchi 3.5" I think I'd save the money and go with the Franchi and also avoid the common complaints about the point of impact being way off with the SBE3. 

11 hours ago, splitrockoutdoors said:

Also check out Retay.  I think they may have addressed the issue.  Owned by benelli also?

Not too sure about that. Beretta owns Benelli and other brands. No where could I find that Beretta owns Retay. I did find that Retay adopted Benelli's Inertia System when the patent expired. They are a Turkish firearm company. Not very respected in the industry. But who knows, it can be a good gun if it's a duplicate of a Benelli. It's the attention to detail that matters. 

8 minutes ago, mazzgolf said:

Hmmm... one of my buddies has a Retay... I didn't realize that was an inertia gun.

Shotgun Review: The Retay Masai Mara (fieldandstream.com)

"Retay is a Turkish maker, founded in 2006, the same year the Benelli patent expired to make Benelli-like shotguns. The video I saw of the factory shows a facility as clean and high-tech as anything you would find in Italy, and the resulting gun is not the typical Benelli knockoff."

Edited by archer36

Shotgun Review: The Retay Masai Mara (fieldandstream.com)
"Retay is a Turkish maker, founded in 2006, the same year the Benelli patent expired to make Benelli-like shotguns. The video I saw of the factory shows a facility as clean and high-tech as anything you would find in Italy, and the resulting gun is not the typical Benelli knockoff."
I'm pretty sure retry is where the stogers are manafactured

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

From what I gathered a few years ago when first heard of benelli click, is don't ride the bolt forward. If you wanna ride it, let go half way or give a push to make sure its locked in.

Maybe not thousands of rounds through my 12ga monte but surely may have close to 1500 and never experienced and malfuntion what so ever.